Pretty Much Out of Fat

Guest veganpotter

I'm Saddly dissapointed about my future weight loss and unbodybuilding. I haven't noticed it until today but I saw that I have blood vessels showing right under what should be a 6 pack by now. Above my unmentionables I have 4 very distince blood vessels bulging out of my body. They seem to go up and dissappear under the extra skin of my stomach. I see alot of really ripped guys that don't even have that. Whenever I chew anything I can also see all of the tendons in my neck to the point that you can imagine them without any skin on them...I weighted in today at 194 and I've determined that at most I've got two or three pounds of fat to lose before I wouldn't have enough to have any energy storage for my bike rides other than food in my stomach which means I probably shouldn't get rid of the fat I have left. I probably have a healthy amount of body fat for a cyclist and not too much like I once did. Its nice to know that I've finally got to what I was working towards but now its gonna be a chore if I wanna get down to 180...it may even take a couple years. Not that I care all that much but its pretty weird for me to look at myself in the mirror knowing that my body fat is probably something like 6% or less(much lower than I've been estimating for a while), but I look like I've probably got 12% from all my skin. The good thing is that now I can try to become a good cylist instead of trying to not be a fat cyclist. This means going back to some strength training and doing more speed work off of the bike which is a pretty exciting thing for me since I haven't done any heavy speed work for 3 years(when I quit track and came back I was focused on strength before speed so I didn't do any fast stuff). If my speed gains come quick I may consider not losing weight at all anymore and keeping at 195 or so which is a decent weight for a pro sprinter of my height. This would also mean I could try to lift heavy again so long as I don't eat enough to pack on real muscle mass.

Thanks...its great to know that I don't really have much of anymore fat to lose...now I've gotta figure out how to haul all this muscle up hills or quickly move close to a track so I can stay at this weight. I'm comfortable and like being at 195ish and I'd like to stay here but if I'm gonna be doing more road cycling I've gotta do whatever it takes to lose more or never enter a race that isn't flat.

If you want to get rid of that extra skin, eat lots of silicon rich foods, like radishes. It will help return the elasticity to the skin, tightening it back up.

This is a major problem for myself, having dropped weight at such a rapid pace, I carry around alot of extra skin. I'm hoping that slowly over time it will tighten up.

Never heard of that...I love raddishes but for some reason I haven't been eating them...now I've got the motivation to go get some...haven't had one since I've been on the mostly raw diet either so I'll probably like them even more than I used to.

Wow, great job potter " title="Applause" />

I'm almost where you are. I lost alot the firs year (35kg) and after that I have slowly lost more over the last 2 years.

It feels so great to be rid of it. All the things I can do that I couldn't for awhile when I was heavier.

Now I don't think about weight all that much any longer. I just want to clean up my diet a little more an I will stay that way and the last few pounds will probably go away eventually.

I'm going home for the night and then I'm headed to Portland Hopefully I can pull up some of my monster picks when I was in high school. I don't think I have any of when I was hitting the weights heavy after first turning vegan but my body didn't change much anyway...I just got a hell of a lot stronger so I'll hopefully find some 300lbs+ picks and I'll surely get some good photos in Portland(preferably on my bike)...unfortunately I'll probably gain 15lbs in the first two days I eat there