hi, i'm new

mathyogi

hi, i'm new. i'm happy to find this group. i've been vegan for 2 1/2 years, and vegetarian most of my life. it's nice to find other active, healthy vegans. i'm into yoga and meditation, rock climbing and hiking. i don't bodybuild, but i'm a pretty active, athletic vegan.

it's nice to see people defying the stereotype of the overly skinny, undernourished vegan (which isn't true anyway, but the myths continue).

i'm a math grad student in colo. springs working on a ph.d. in math.

i have 2 cats and a puppy that recently died.

Welcome to the group!

Yes, it is great to find so many awesome, athletic and cool vegans here I'm sure you'll make new friends as well. I've made a ton of new friends being on here and I always look forward to traveling because we seem to have someone in every place I go

Enjoy your time here and welcome aboard!

true, there are a whole lot of mtn. here. i live by cheyenne canyon, so over by cheyenne mtn., in the southwest part of town. it's called "ivywild". did you used to live here? did you go to UCCS?

Thats a decent drive over to UCCS from that part of town. Yes, I've lived in the Springs off and on over the years. I moved around a good bit so I've lived in several parts of town plus Manitou. I dont think I ever any went on to the UCCS campus though... The folks I knew who went to college in the Springs went to either CC or PPCC.

i got your email, but did not see an email address in the body. anyway, i do some vegan get togethers with a few friends regularly now, and just met a new vegan friend on facebook. she'll be joining us, too soon. this will be fun.