random thoughts: college

V VII Hero

The most important thing I got out of college was better communication skills - especially my last year of college - when I took seminar courses where I would spend the semester researching a topic in order to turn in a research paper and give a presentation. It's a good feeling when you can learn a subject so well that you can stand up and give an hour long defense of your thesis in front of questions asked by other students and professors.

The article said, "You go to college to grow and change and develop morally and ethically as a person. You go to college to become socially conscious. " I think this is a fallacy (I believe this based only on people I know) because there are many who come to college and yes they do change but I think most actually lose moral ground, and I guess if you think of getting drunk with new people as social consciousness then that part is correct (but i dont think thats what the author meant).

• 16 years later...

In my opinion, college is the only place where students can learn how to tackle challenges in life and a place where you can make plans for what to do in your career. Not everyone thinks the same way but some random thoughts on  https://www.bestessaytips.com/dissertation_services.php can make it clear for that what is the purpose of going to college.