pep up vegan style

savebabe

I was wondering if anyone has any advice in relation to an extra supp for regaining viatlity. I have been so ill lately (I'm surviving on natural cold & flu tabs-garlic etc).

I've given myself a short break from iron supps due to their high free radicals (I've a tendency to be anemiac). I am taking flaxseed oil, A C & E tabs, vit c, magnesium, a daily womens, zinc, I was on cranberry, a liver tab (dandelion root), and I drink loads of purified water, stay away from any carbonated drinks, no alcohol, 7-8hrs sleep everyday, and green tea.

I've just started to make really good gains @ gym too I'd rather cut off my arms & legs than miss gym.) Is there anything I'm missing!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking of doing a 2 week cleanse, but the diet is virtually going to be no different......I was wondering if its anything to do with worlking in front of a computer all day(artificial lighting, temperate rooms etc). I've only been working here from 2 mnths, but I assumed with the amount of antioxidants I'm taking I should be ok re: effects of radiation etc. I don't want to o.d. I was thinking selenium powder....

My daily calories don't go under 2000 cals.....I'm at a loss....can't find a cure for an undefined cause....... I'm not lethargic just ill.....

One thing I'd suggest is getting away from some of those isolated supplements (which are often synthetic), especially vitamin A, which can be toxic (you can definitely get enough vitamin A from a balanced vegan diet). And if you are a male or a pre-menopausal women, I'd be very careful with iron supplements as well. You may actually be putting more toxins in your body with all those supplements than you think.

Dr. Fuhrman has a supplement that is good for vegans (and which doesn't include any A or isolated beta carotene, for good reasons he explains). You can check it out at www.drfuhrman.com .

Supplements shouldn't take the place of a diet, and you should try to get the nutrients you need primarily from whole foods (supplementing with whole-foods based nutrients, and with some FEW additional supplements as necessary, like vitamin B12 for we vegans, and vitamin D2 if you don't get enough sun exposure to make your own).

Replace some of them with whole-foods-based supplements (maca, wheat grass, things like that, which are actually 'foods' and not isolated nutrients), like Vitamineral Green (which is green-foods based).

Eating a good percentage of raw foods (50% minimum, IMO) may help as well.

One thing I'd suggest is getting away from some of those isolated supplements (which are often synthetic), especially vitamin A, which can be toxic (you can definitely get enough vitamin A from a balanced vegan diet). And if you are a male or a pre-menopausal women, I'd be very careful with iron supplements as well. You may actually be putting more toxins in your body with all those supplements than you think.

Dr. Fuhrman has a supplement that is good for vegans (and which doesn't include any A or isolated beta carotene, for good reasons he explains). You can check it out at www.drfuhrman.com .

Supplements shouldn't take the place of a diet, and you should try to get the nutrients you need primarily from whole foods (supplementing with whole-foods based nutrients, and with some FEW additional supplements as necessary, like vitamin B12 for we vegans, and vitamin D2 if you don't get enough sun exposure to make your own).

Replace some of them with whole-foods-based supplements (maca, wheat grass, things like that, which are actually 'foods' and not isolated nutrients), like Vitamineral Green (which is green-foods based).

Eating a good percentage of raw foods (50% minimum, IMO) may help as well.