Vegan pancakes

VeganDude

This is my first post on this board, these are sooo good I cant keep it to myself:

250gr flour

1 beer (25cl) maybe a little more

1/4th of a banana

pinch of salt

mix banana with part of or all beer until smooth, add to flour and add salt. maybe add a little more beer when not liquid enuf.

use soy butter to bake, NOT oil!!! make sure pan is very, very hot! the batter should be pretty liquidy so you can make the pancakes very thin. pour batter into hot pan(use small piece of butter for each pancake). take the pan in your hand to spread the batter. the pancake should be very thin, it will start to bake hard straight away and will be full of air holes when thin enuf. do not wait to long to turn(pancake must be brown on baked side). turn pancake carefully, because its so thin it will be hard but after a while you get the hang of it.

the batter is very easy and fast to make, and backing them takes a little practice but is easy aswell. these are the best pancakes I ever had!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they are excellent. I'm not kidding, I've fed them to non vegan/veg and they love em. You can't taste the beer in the pancakes, you can still taste the yeast from the beer which makes them taste great!

I actually like to use so little banana that you can't taste em, they'r just there for the structure.

You can also use the same dough-only with less beer so its stiffer- and deep fry. - take a tablespoon - scoop up some dough with it and push it in the oil. I dont know how these are called in english, over here we call them 'oilballs'.

Try them, I guarantee they are awesome!

Sounds cool...I'm always interested in doing new things with beer...I'll give it a try in two weeks when I start eating some cooked food again. Any beer preferance/type? I tend to cook with pale ales more than anything...stouts/porters are my favorite to drink but I don't think they do all that much in the kitchen unless your drinking them for creativities sake

Beer is used in lieu of a rising agent! So, instead of eggs, or yeast, the beer helps it rise. Some carbonated drinks also function this way (ever seen cola cake recipes?) but beer gives the better taste because of the yeast in beer; so it tastes more bread-like.

In a similar vein, "How It All Vegan" cookbook has a pretty good microwave beer bread that is a snap to make -- takes 9 minutes; and there are numerous beer bread recipes.

Fried balls of dough are called doughnuts here.

So I'm sure VeganDude's recipe is as good as he says

I've tasted Pilsner Urquell and its quite good for a pilzner not from the Philippines(SanMiguel is king but the imported pasturized stuff bites the big one)

I've tasted Pilsner Urquell and its quite good for a pilzner not from the Philippines(SanMiguel is king but the imported pasturized stuff bites the big one)

Yeah,

Pilsner Urquell is the true Budwar, or Budweiser. Not the watered-down Budweiser we have in the States.