Thor's Raw Power Protein Superfood Blend

Eason

What do you guys think of it? It looks good, all raw all organic with some great superfoods. The only problem is the price for how much protein and calories are in in. The whole can has only like 946 calories in it and like 175 grams of protein. That wouldn't be a big deal if it was like 20 dollars. But after the tax they charge and shiping it over 40. I need a ton of colries because i exercise like 4 hours a day. I'm 185 pounds right now and i'd like to gain lean muscle up to 200.

You don't need a ton of calories to build muscle...I'm trying to lose weight and I workout as much if not more than you with only 2500 calories and I'm trying to lose weight with no luck at all. Just eat more calories and tear your muscles apart in the gym and let them heal and repeat over and over again

thanks for the site

I don't know what you work out routine is but i don't 2 hours of kickboxing, 2 hours of jiu jitsu and 1 hour of weights so i need at least 2,500 cal. But it's hard for me to get that many cal raw

I ride my bike anywhere from 3-4 hours a day(burn about 1000calories per hour...going by a high tech cycling computer I was tested on) and 2-3 times a week I jumprope for an hour...atleast once a week I jumprope for two(it takes me about three hours to do this in intervals)...I'm also gonna start lifting again after about a year off...Brendan Brazier eats less than 3000(80% raw like myself) calories a day and works out for about 8 hrs a day when he's training for triathlons...it takes far fewer calories to sustain performance than you think...so long as your eating the right food. I eat about 2500 with 500 cooked calories...if I wanted I could easily boost my caloric intake by increasing my raw oats, dried fruits(which I would love to do but shouldn't do), and eating more bananas(I eat about 8 a day without any effort but if I tried I could eat 12 without fussing). I think if you train for something without alot of food your body will adapt to function with less...so long as your not eating way too little...going by the science of calorie burning I burn roughly 5-6,000 calories a day and eat only half of that...that means I should be losing about 20lbs per month but I've been stuck for about two months in terms of weight and one in terms of burning fat. Obviously this isn't the case...if it were I'd be riding in the tour de france next year as a 130lb climber.

I weight(pre vacation) 195-200 depending on how bloated I am, and I'm a smidget over 6'1". My body fat is probably around 6%. As for food I make sure I get atleast 6 bananas minimum in and normally eat about eight. I also eat anywhere from 4-5 apples and about 1 pound of raw carrots with some sort of raw dip every day. As for calories my raw oatmeal is the most dense form of calories I eat but I think I get most of my calories from bananas(about 800-850 since I buy the biggest organic bananas I can find...about 3 are eaten by themselves the rest are done up in various ways), 300 from apples, 200 or so from carrots, 200 from my dips(which normally have some type of seed in them), 150-200 from whatever other organic fruit or veggie that I found on sale(could be pears, squash, anything), probably 100 from leafy greens, 30 from spirulina, and 500 calories of cooked food of many different types...whatever I feel like cooking or whats left over(only rule is that its not fried and I eat it before 8pm). I could easily drop the cooked food and alot of days I do just because I don't get to cooking or eating any...I just make sure I eat no more than 500 calories from cooked food. I could easily boost up to 3500+(completely raw) since I love raw oats, nuts, dried fruits and sunflower/pumpkin seeds, and various oils. I'd like too since I don't think it would curb my weight or performance very much but I'm on a budget. Also for some odd reason my body weight only increases if I eat alot of food total(meaning if I slip and eat over 6000 calories two days in a row or something...other than my vacation I've only done this once since my diet started)...it doesn't seem to matter what the food comes from or what form its in. Also I can eat a ton of fatty food so long as its from nuts, flax, good oils without feeling any different so long as I get my veggies and fruits...I just don't... now that I think I'm done dieting to lose weight I'm gonna try to lift and get strength back so long as I don't get over 210lbs in the process...if I do I'll see how I ride and train to stay at that weight or overtrain the muscle away.

Last year I was over 270lbs and have been cutting by cycling ever since...trying to lose fat and muscle for cycling. I've been as high as 320(on purpose) and know what diets work for different things since I was a shot putter for years...although, these diets are whats worked for me and my not work for others...my diets have just proved that they can work...not neccessarily that they would work for others...only that its possilble. Before I decided to cycle I was eating 8-12000 calories a day and that worked great for what I was doing...suprisingly I've found a diet with 1/4 the calories that works just as well but for another purpose.

Raw oats have nearly the same amino profile as soy so its a complete protein(however I don't think you need to pay so much attension to that because the amino profile considered to be complete protein is based on meat which is a little rediculous).

I buy mine in bulk and if you do that...organic bulk oatmeal is cheaper than buying Quaker oats(which are raw but not organic)...my raw oats cost me $0.99 per lbs and Quaker oats run about $1.30 if your lucky.

Every night before I sleep I soak about 1/2 cup in a little bit of water so its nice and soft for breakfast...I then add a banana(two if I'm doing a longer ride than normal), some type of berries, a bit of flax meal, some raisins, molassas and kasha(last two things are not raw but only add up to about 150 calories)...the molassas makes the mix creamy(as does the soaked oats) so I can get away with using water instead of soymilk while keeping it paletable.

One cup would have 10grams of protein which is quite a bit of oatmeal when its soaked...normally now if I eat that much oatmeal its with homeade trail mix or I eat it if I'm planning to do a 100mile ride

Raw oats have nearly the same amino profile as soy so its a complete protein (however I don't think you need to pay so much attension to that because the amino profile considered to be complete protein is based on meat which is a little rediculous).

Where did you get this info? I've never heard of oats being a complete protein. Quinoa, buckwheat, hemp, yes. Oats, no.

And the designation of 'complete protein' isn't based on meat, it's based on studies done on rats to see what foods would have sufficient protein to make them thrive. Pre-1980-ish, scientists didn't take into account rats' much higher need of a certain amino acid, which is why non-animal products weren't considered 'complete' proteins. When somebody finally wised up and compensated for this difference in need, soy was finally recognized as being a complete protein.

In any case, it's not necessary to get a 'complete protein' with every meal. Your body doesn't recognize complete proteins, just amino acids. If you eat a varied diet, you will have a good store of amino acids that the body can use to build 'you'!

The amino acids found in plants are in a 'free' form that may actually make plant foods a better source of protein than animal products, which have pre-formed protein structures (the animal's muscle) that the body has to break down into individual amino acids before building them up to form our protein structures (our muscles).

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/proteinanalysis6.pdf

I can't remember the exact source but I learned it in a nutrition class when I was a bio major(surely there would be debate as with anything)...the profile is quite similar and this site considers it superior to soy(which I don't believe but its close)...

http://www.e-caps.com/za/ECP?PAGE=ARTICLE&ARTICLE.ID=2897

This site(not sure where this info comes from) but it states oats are just under pea protein for quality protein.

As for the rat thing...they gave the rats foods that would make them largest...not the most healthy...I remember reading up on the study and they did not look at health so much, especially since rats can really survive on nearly anything without much of a lifespan variation...only a change in body type

As for the rat thing...they gave the rats foods that would make them largest...not the most healthy...I remember reading up on the study and they did not look at health so much, especially since rats can really survive on nearly anything without much of a lifespan variation...only a change in body type

Interesting. I guess the scientists defintion of 'thriving' just took into account quantity (size) and not quantity (a good rat life!). A very American thing to do, since we seem to have invented supersizing!

Thats the same thing with veganism and longevity...Surely a vegan lifestyle will tack on a few extra years of life but a non vegan diet likely takes away many years of a quality unmedicated life, many more years than total until death