Forearm Pain

I've had a nagging pain in my left forearm for about 2 months.

It's really making it hard to do anything that involves my arms or gripping.

I think it's the little finger's flexor muscle.

Today it's even painful if I apply pressure, usually it's not that bad.

Do I need to stop working for a while or just go really light?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've included a picture of where the pain is.

http://www.huetheronline.org/vbb/flexorpain.jpg

Try taping your wrists...I've had wrist problems for year and that always led to sore forearms too but taping my wrists seemed to help out quite a bit for me atleast

I've had this a couple of times and it is VERY painful. I wasn't even able to spot for someone or do biceps curls. It was too much pain in my forearms to do so.

I just had to rest, massage it quite a bit and maybe do some cold/heat therapy for it.

If it is what I had, it is kinda like shin splints in the forearm and usually caused by supinated barbell biceps curls, or a similar movement.

Just rest, massage, and ice a bit and I think you'll be good.

I've had this a couple of times and it is VERY painful. I wasn't even able to spot for someone or do biceps curls. It was too much pain in my forearms to do so.

VERY painful is VERY accurate

If it is what I had, it is kinda like shin splints in the forearm and usually caused by supinated barbell biceps curls, or a similar movement.

When this first started I was doing a lot of arm exercises. Each of these really aggravate the pain.

BB Tricep Extension

BB Preacher Curl

BB Wrist Curl

Just rest, massage, and ice a bit and I think you'll be good.

REST, I really don't want to hear that, but I know that you are right.

I took it easy for over a month, not complete rest but very easy.

The pain came back shortly after starting heavier weights.

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting exactly the same pain that you describe, but then again I have always had bad wrists. I have strapped my wrists ever since and I have not had the problem again... I use them with all curling type movements as well as any pushing movements that might put strain on my wrists... Once the pain went away and I was sure that it wasn't coming back, I concentrated on some strengthening exercises which helped as well...

The pain in your forearm could be attributed to tightness in your latisimus dorsi muscle in your back. Manipulation of the pressure points in your back (see article) by having someone press the points with their thumb (when pressure is applied to the proper trigger point areas it should hurt). You can also try this yourself by either laying on/or leaning against a golf or tennis ball. Massage therepists specializing in myofascial trigger point therapy should also be able to do this. You will know when its working when after several days of therapy, the trigger point area is no longer painful when pressure is applied, and or the area of pain (forearm) feels better.

Hope this is helpful.

http://www.pressurepointer.com/fpdb/BookOne1.pdf

Thanks Chris, I've downloaded the .pdf file, I'll read it tonight.

I've found a small amount of information while googling.

It seems that every body else also has left forearm pain, nobody mentions right arm pain.

The original pain came from barbell wrist curls.

Now wrist curls, preacher curls or BB tricep extensions all cause pain.

One site actually showed that improper form while preacher curling also will cause this.

I had my back bent over the bench like they said not too do.

Since I've used their recommended form, the pain is much less.

So your reference to back muscles make sense to me.

Thanks again, Jason

• 16 years later...

Hi all! I need your help. My mom is a massage therapist and she asked me to search the internet for rollers and massage table supports to make the massage more comfortable. Please advise an online store where you can find high-quality rollers and supports.

Hi! Rollers and supports are essential tools for various DIY projects. If you are looking for a reliable online store offering high quality rollers and supports, check out massagetablesnow, read all the information here. With a wide selection of products and an excellent reputation, massagetablesnow is a one-stop shop for all your needs. From heavy duty casters to adjustable feet, they have everything you need to get the job done. In addition, their user-friendly website and fast shipping make it easy to order and receive your products on time.