Where's Topher?

loveliberate

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's been hanging out with compassionategirl and kollision

Will & Aaron - Compassionategirl has left. A real shame considering she was one of the most active people on here and she was instrumental in supporting the forum in the early days.

This forum will not be the same without her.

She has sent me a few PMs, seems kinda down about the forum, doubt she'll come back right now. I've quit forums over similar things before, some I was banned from - veganforum I was banned, veganfreaks I was banned, veganrepresent, i chose to left because I saw where it was going... it can be irritating when you feel a certain atmosphere on a forum or feel like you can't say what you want to, or like you're being perceived in a certain way. She was real fired-up in that topic though, hah. Maybe if she'd have said the same thing but in a less dramatic way, I dunno, might have had a better result.

That thread did suck. I didn't get involved, but in reading it over again, I think it was one little comment that nudged it off track and it snowballed from there. And it wasn't even what was said, but how it was said. And I don't even think it was intended to be said like it was - just a misunderstanding. Sad.

Compash was a star on here, tho. Maybe she'll miss us and come back.

That's the trouble with forums, semantics and opinions... everyone wants to be intelligent and state their opinions which sometimes come off as "facts", then others criticize and attack the person directly instead of the subject matter itself, and the wording is the deadliest part, everyone is unique and from different backgrounds.

Heck, most of us have issues in real life with communication and intent/interpretation, so on forums it is about a million times more likely to be misunderstood or come across the wrong way.

I wish everyone would use 3rd person methods of communication, such as using the word "one" instead of "you", and trying to remove negative / insulting vocab - but it's tough to be pc about everything...

People don't like being wrong, or being attacked, but do love sharing their opinions.

I've always come back to forums but take leaves for a while after getting frustrated on certain issues, or change the way I am on a certain forum (for example not get into any debates/opinions threads).

*PS - Compassionate can still be found on veganfitness.net

That's the trouble with forums, semantics and opinions... everyone wants to be intelligent and state their opinions which sometimes come off as "facts", then others criticize and attack the person directly instead of the subject matter itself, and the wording is the deadliest part, everyone is unique and from different backgrounds.

Heck, most of us have issues in real life with communication and intent/interpretation, so on forums it is about a million times more likely to be misunderstood or come across the wrong way.

I wish everyone would use 3rd person methods of communication, such as using the word "one" instead of "you", and trying to remove negative / insulting vocab - but it's tough to be pc about everything...

People don't like being wrong, or being attacked, but do love sharing their opinions.

I've always come back to forums but take leaves for a while after getting frustrated on certain issues, or change the way I am on a certain forum (for example not get into any debates/opinions threads).

*PS - Compassionate can still be found on veganfitness.net

That is ironic I left Veganfitness.net because of name calling.

my girlfriend had a major surgery done in Phoenix to correct a breathing problem. I have been spending all my time taking care of her in the ICU for 5 days. She finally got out and is doing well.

I don't have a computer. I have to find either a public library (limited usage) or a friend's so I barely have time for forums right now. sorry

I am focusing on helping my gf recover, and then I am working on getting a job (veterinary technician). hopefully I get this job.

I will be back in Flagstaff relatively soon and in a month can hopefully start eating right again and lifting.

So I will be back on this site.

update on me: I've dropped significant weight and size to less than 140 lbs.

I also will be teaming up with one of the best protein companies (robert knows who they are. hehe) and will be gaining back all the muscle using specifically only one vegan protein supplement.

I will take before and after pictures.

I am also going to have my own home gym and training hard for functional cross-over strength to snowboarding, and to finally get my weight up to 200 lbs.

thanks for everyone's concern. I will be back. And next summer I am moving to Portland, Oregon with my girlfriend. So some of you might see me more often and in person.

Thanks for the update Topher. I hope all is well with your girlfriend and that she recovers quickly.

I know lots of people come and go for a variety of reasons. I think the forum is a resource for people who choose to take advantage of the service. I leave for a week at a time every once in a while and some people for months a time, etc.

I know it's hard when you have other stuff going on such as LIFE. No worries for not being around. Of course we miss you, and know you have lots of stuff going on.

The forum will always be here, unless I screw it up somehow in the admin panel. It is always welcome to anyone anytime.

I know without a computer it's hard to be on here.

It serves many purposes but one we found recently to be the most valuable is just hanging out in person. A bunch of us hung out for the Vegan Vaction in Portland and others at the Animal Rights Conference in D.C.

It will be cool to see you in Portland. Chances are good you can walk around town and bump into a forum member It happens to me all the time since so many live here.

Anyway, thanks for the update, take good care of yourself and we'll hear from you whenever you want to stop by to say hi

Later bro,