Liquid Terror

veganmonk

Thanks for posting this!

"But it's only one small "reasonable" step!" Maybe...

But then there's anouther "reasonable" restriction.

And then anouther.

And anouther.

So where does it end?

Hopefully people will not continue to tolerate further restrictions out of fear of "terrorism" & desire for "safety".

Hopefully people will not continue to tolerate further restrictions out of fear of "terrorism" & desire for "safety".

This 'terrorism' is very real and liquid explosives have been used before.

I'd rather tolerate further restrictions and be safe than get blown out of the sky at 30,000 feet.

• 3 weeks later...

Tarz, the real terrorists are the Brits and American government/soldiers and lemming civilians. I think you need to come to terms with this.

There is a threat everywhere and not just on planes. The majority of people dying are innocent civilians in Iraq, not citizens of America and Britain.

They are the ones that have something to fear, and the ones that are being attacked with weapons we can see and dead bodies we can count. The ones whose resources are being stolen and sold. Countries that are being taken over with puppet government regimes that support western capitalist ideals and regimes.

We need to be scared of America and the British for the terror they are conducting in this world, not of the false fear they are creating to justify their false pretences of war and keep the lemmings brainwashed to follow and support their cause.

I like getting patted down...its been a while since anyone's touched those special places anyway. Other than that I don't mind and I think the US security is still worthless. Before 9/11 overseas checks were 3 times as instense as they are in the US after 9/11...its pathetic. As for the liquids I just wish you could take things on the plane if you bought them in the terminal. ***One weird thing is that your allowed to take contact lense fluid if its 4oz or less...surely that is an easy thing to work around for terrorists is they so chose to. How stupid can those people be???

I know someone who had gel shoe inserts confiscated (and they were kind of expensive).

I wonder about women who wear gel bras (maybe you guys don't know that much about them, but they are like implant material, but in the bra rather than in the person). If terrorists can hide explosive chemicals in shoe inserts, they could certainly carry them in a bra.

Yeah those gel kinda things like implants for enhancing anatomy. People that get that done should not be able to get on airplanes. I mean what if the terrorists had a sack of liquid bombing terrorist stuff implanted inside them? And then somehow they ripped it out of their body or something or maybe had some intricate fuse system that might have some kind of internal ignition. Ohh my the possibilities are endless! Be very afraid everyone! Suspect anyone that has had plastic surgery, they could actually be terrorists! Turn them into the authorities, and stay tuned to the news to make sure things are being taken care of. And if you disagree with anything, be a patriot and shut up. We don't need naysayers at this critical point in history.

When I flew out of town last week for my grandmother's funeral I called Northwest to get a specific list of what I could and could not carry on the plane. I ended up having to leave my hand lotion, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and chap stick behind. I just had to use my mom's when I got there.

However, I bought a bottle of water in the terminal and I stuck it in my carry on bag and they never said a word to me about it. I drank some on the plane and no one cared. Water is a liquid the last time I checked. And the bottle went through the security checkpoint the second time and they didn't make me take it out of the bag.

Yeah those gel kinda things like implants for enhancing anatomy.

I wasn't even talking about implants, but bras with a gel insert (chicken cutlet is what they are sometimes called because of their shape).

But how about them not allowing nail files on board, even the tiny ones on nail clippers (you can take the clippers, but they break off the file). As if anyone could do much damage with an inch long file. At least not as much as women who have long fake fingernails! I think they should be banned from airplanes (and most public places, but that's more an aesthetic objection than a national security issue ).

When I flew out of town last week for my grandmother's funeral I called Northwest to get a specific list of what I could and could not carry on the plane. I ended up having to leave my hand lotion, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and chap stick behind.

However, I bought a bottle of water in the terminal and I stuck it in my carry on bag and they never said a word to me about it. I drank some on the plane and no one cared.

Security is actually very haphazard, IMO.

I travelled shortly after 9/11, and at one airport, I had to open my carry-on because I had underwire bras, a CD player, an extension cord, and some makeup in opaque containers with me. At another airport, I was just let right through. I started to make a game of thinking of how people passing security could be harboring dangerous objects: like the guy on metal crutches, who could hide something down the hollow leg of the crutch.

I was told that absolutely no liquids were allowed now, not even water, and not even the water you could buy after passing security (which made no sense to me).

One thing for sure, hotels are going to make a lot more incidental money from people buying lotions, water and all the other stuff they usually carried (though I think you can still take them in your checked luggage---problem is, I don't like to check my luggage----I don't like waiting for it, and I don't like taking a bag big enough to have to check. I just like to take my carry-on on wheels and speed my way through the airport and to my destination).

Most places I've been(outside of the US) it doesn't matter how much or how little you take in terms of going to the airport...they check everything anyway. You can save a bunch of time waiting for baggage though...I doubt I've ever gotten out of the airport in the Philippines in less than 1.5 hrs...it normally takes longer...but going in they pat down pretty much everyone more than once