Hanging Back Contest

Well I normally work out in my Ninja Costume which comes with gloves. I will make an exception in this case if the test is to be done without gloves. I take it I can still use my Ninja Meditation Techniques?

I didn't know that, sorry!

Of course you can use your ninja gloves - AS LONG AS YOU SHOW A PICTURE HERE SHOWING YOU HANGING FROM THE BAR IN YOUR NINJA COSTUME!

Meditation is okay

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I normally work out in my Ninja Costume which comes with gloves. I will make an exception in this case if the test is to be done without gloves. I take it I can still use my Ninja Meditation Techniques?

I didn't know that, sorry!

Of course you can use your ninja gloves - AS LONG AS YOU SHOW A PICTURE HERE SHOWING YOU HANGING FROM THE BAR IN YOUR NINJA COSTUME!

CONFIRMED

Ninjaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss

Richard, you are the man, i mean- the NINJA!

AWESOME!!

I hope everything is clear now

EDIT: It's just BIZNISH. I hope that adds further clarification

Erm, no ... hehe.

But you are the master!

Those ... sandals ... of yours surely make hanging there harder! I'll have to try my meditation techniques, which are probably inferior to your Ninja Meditation, next time. And i'll add some cool moves with the legs while hanging there, it's FAR cooler than looking like a dead sack of dead potatoes dangling from a gallow.... with a red face!

I bow before you and never will call YOU padavan again, sensei!

For some reason I'm having trouble replying on here, it jus takes me to the main page when I hit submit.

Anyone else have that problem?

It must be a glitch in the sytem because I tried on two different computers. I just wanted to copy and paste something but this page will have none of it!

Anyway, Richard, great photos man! Those were really quick, I think only hours after someone suggested you have photos of you hanging from the bar in your ninja suit.

You are the master, but still over a minute behind the leader.

Think harder, grip stronger or float and don't touch the ground.

For some reason I'm having trouble replying on here, it jus takes me to the main page when I hit submit.

Anyone else have that problem?

You are the master, but still over a minute behind the leader.

Think harder, grip stronger or float and don't touch the ground.

I haven't had a problem replying on this thread, or any others, it's been fine.

Yep, I can see the achievement of each person now that I have seen how long I hang for. When I did the hanging for real, I didn't wear gloves :P I just took those photos for awesomeness. Sorry if I disappoint anyone who really does believe I work out in that thing. I hope soon to reach 1:10, I feel I am definitely capable of doing that, I will feel ed with myself if I don't reach that target this week Goodluck everyone else.

Will!

Great to see you are back! I hope you had an awesome vacation man. I still need to beat your 350 push-ups. I know I said I'd have that done before you got back, but I didn't get it done. But I'm off the next couple of days so I hope to focus on it soon.

I'm at nearly 2 minutes in the back hang, currently sitting in 2nd place, but hopefully moving on up!

Take care man, and get that 1:10!

Anything after 1:30 becomes mental, I think. Physical pain sets in and you just have to focus on maintaining grip as it tries to slip away.

Keep on hanging around,

Robert

Sorry Day,

I had a post earlier that listed all the people, but it is the one I was complaining about wouldn't let me post (still don't know why). I had myself in 3rd, I didn't mean to forget anyone.

It looked something like this:

Daywalker 2:10

K-Oz 2:04

Robert 1:52

Jonathan 1:40

Michael H 1:20 (or something like that)

Richard 1:10?

Will 1:00

Sorry I don't remember all the times exactly, I'll go back and review and make an updated list. This is just off memory, and I know others have times too, I just don't have them all memorized.

I know exactly where I stand......3rd place, but thanks for the reminder, I think it was pretty late last night, I was just happy to see Will back and forgot I was in 3rd.

Keep on hanging on!

Robert

buhbuhbuh not up to 1:10 yet. I just got 1:05. I swear I need to wipe the bar or something, it feels like I slip off it due to my greasy sweat rather than my grip actually giving up entirely. But we'll see! I will not make excuses given the extreme awesomisity of the competition. By Friday I will be disappointed with myself if I don't get 1:10 grr

Keep it going man. I'm going to try today and then try again tomorrow as well. I'm about to head off to do a chest workout, and tomorrow is a back workout, so I will continue to try to improve as well.

Some bars have a bit of a foam on the handles, that might help, I can see how a metal bar would be very slick.

Can't slip!

-Robert

Hey friends, how are you're improvements going?

Today i was aimed on high goals...

... i didn't eat anything the whole day in order to be light when it comes to hanging...

... before the shot, i went to the toilet, in order to lose more weight...

... i also kicked off my shoes (despite the complaints of the folk around me ) as i couldn't use any ballast...

And then i meditated (well, sort of) hanging at the bar - 2:16!

Okay, i admit, i did nothing of the before mentioned preparations, but i did hang there for 6 seconds longer than last time (K-oz took the time).

Keep it coming, guys, as i'm about to do this every week until i reach, say, 10minutes *lol* And then switch to one-arm hanging

Cheers,

Daywalker

not up to 1:10 yet. I just got 1:05. I swear I need to wipe the bar or something, it feels like I slip off it due to my greasy sweat rather than my grip actually giving up entirely.

I couldn't get past 20 seconds because of my grip. Never even felt it in my back. Today I took some paper towels, folded them, and placed them between my hands and the bar... Instant 35 seconds! I sure felt it in my back this time!

not up to 1:10 yet. I just got 1:05. I swear I need to wipe the bar or something, it feels like I slip off it due to my greasy sweat rather than my grip actually giving up entirely.

I couldn't get past 20 seconds because of my grip. Never even felt it in my back. Today I took some paper towels, folded them, and placed them between my hands and the bar... Instant 35 seconds! I sure felt it in my back this time!

As much as I have tried this, I still haven't felt it in my back at all. Strange really. When I eventually stumble to the ground in a fit of tears and vom (vomi), it is my fore-arms which are numbed and tightened. I guess it shows where I am lacking / suck.

EDIT: ah yes I will examine paper towels