Ultimate Fighter 4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its definetly annoying when either one guy doesn't know how to wrestle or they both end up doing very little.

To my mind they should allow head butts or something. (Perhaps thats not safe though).

Yea i think in order for UFC to be sanctioned in the US they have to have pretty strict rules. No Head Butts, fish hooking etc. Well i guess you could call it strict. Compared to other vale tudo matches its strict.

I was hoping to see matt wrestle, but it was good to see him in the review for Din. I felt sort of bad for mikey, out a long time from the sport. reminded me of when tank abbott came back and faced the evolution of the sport (I saw that one on one of the variety shows they show on spike, so I dont remember the name of the guy that beat him, just that he was submitted, very quickly.) That makes three people that have shown the difference between the new and old guards. Tank abbott, Gracie and now mikey.

although I heard gracie had been fighting in europe at the time before his fight with Hughes. So I guess he should not have been that suprised.

it does seem that the champs of today are much more well rounded.

I was kind of hoping for Mikey to do better - seems like a good story. But he walked into that triangle. I hope he sticks around, though - he's an endearing kind of guy.

Shonie is something else. "I like to fly under the radar, I like to be 'in-cog-negro'". Wearing the pimp outfit to training. That guy needs his own show.

Can't wait for Serra next week.

reminded me of when tank abbott came back and faced the evolution of the sport (I saw that one on one of the variety shows they show on spike, so I dont remember the name of the guy that beat him, just that he was submitted, very quickly.)

yeah i remember watching that fight. that was Frank Mir. that was before he had his motorcycle accident. Mir is trying to make a comeback after over a year of recovery from that accident. he won his last fight, but he didn't look too good. that accident really took a toll on his training and conditioning. hopefully he will continue to improve, because i would love to see him come back and beat tim sylvia... again.

i had to work thursday night, so i missed this episode. so i cannot actually comment on this yet. i'm gonna try to catch it tomorrow though.

i was hoping for Mikey on this one. But Din Tomas put on a triangle that mikey had to tap to. I dont know about anybody else but that triangle didnt look very tight to me. Personally i thought it looked sloppy and mikey could have fought outta it. But i wasnt there and the triangle wasnt getting applied to me so who knows but mikey.

I like Mikey. Hes goofy looking but i hope he decides to stick around and fight some more.

It might just be me but Shonie Carter annoys the shit outta me. I hope he gets taken out in his next match. Cant wait for serra next week.

i was hoping for Mikey on this one. But Din Tomas put on a triangle that mikey had to tap to. I dont know about anybody else but that triangle didnt look very tight to me. Personally i thought it looked sloppy and mikey could have fought outta it. But i wasnt there and the triangle wasnt getting applied to me so who knows but mikey.

I like Mikey. Hes goofy looking but i hope he decides to stick around and fight some more.

It might just be me but Shonie Carter annoys the shit outta me. I hope he gets taken out in his next match. Cant wait for serra next week.

shoney began to annoy the shit out of me when these words came out of his mouth "...my second baby momma" . I have a thing about marriage, momogamy and children (in that order). But thats for another topic

i was hoping for Mikey on this one. But Din Tomas put on a triangle that mikey had to tap to. I dont know about anybody else but that triangle didnt look very tight to me. Personally i thought it looked sloppy and mikey could have fought outta it.

I think it was only partially in until Mikey lifted him up and tried to body slam him down to get him to release. That made it sink in further. Once it was in that tight he was screwed.

I think Shonie is annoying, but he still cracks me up. Living with him might be driving the rest of those guys crazy, though I suspect that's part of why he's being so annoying - crazy like a fox, as they say.

Why does Mikey always look so beat up ? His face is always such a mess ..

I think Shonie is funny to watch, but would be a nitemare to live with

i was thinking the same thing about mikey. his face seems to always be bruised or cut. you look at the clips of his early fights and look at him now. i can't put my finger on it, but something looks bad. the alcohol or drugs may have got to him. his speech is somewhat slurred like part of his face is paralyzed from a stroke or something.

i don't think shonie is that annoying. but i only have to watch him for an hour a week. being his roommate for 6 weeks may change my mind. but everyone is handling this very grown up and mature. if this was some of the younger kids in the previous shows they would be a lot of immature bullshit like "stop putting those bottles in the pool stupid!", "why don't you make me bitch!", "we can throw down right now!", "let's do it!" etc. i'm glad we don't have any that drama. instead it's "shonie, please stop putting those bottle in the pool" and shonie's like " yeah ok, ok".

the Mccarthy-Sell fight was great to watch before bed because I was pretty much asleep by the end of it. Why the ref didn't stand them up more, I dunno.

I agree. I think they should have stood them up quite a few times during the match. For me it was a boring fight to watch. It went the distance but i didnt really care much for it.

the Mccarthy-Sell fight was great to watch before bed because I was pretty much asleep by the end of it. Why the ref didn't stand them up more, I dunno.

I agree. I think they should have stood them up quite a few times during the match. For me it was a boring fight to watch. It went the distance but i didnt really care much for it.

If you had said who won the fight you could have saved me from having to watch it last night

Next time there is a boring fight please think of me and let me know who wins lol

franklin didn't seem to have much impact in this episode. and everyone seemed very suspicious about him. that was some odd advice he gave matt serra. he took a lot of clowning for that. maybe that was a mistake. one of these guys is gonna have to fight him after all. rich franklin is a tough opponent when he likes you, a pissed off rich franklin is gonna be much worse.

next week it's jorge rivera and patrick cote, i am more excited about that fight than i was for this fight. sounds like a good match up to me.

franklin didn't seem to have much impact in this episode. and everyone seemed very suspicious about him. that was some odd advice he gave matt serra. he took a lot of clowning for that. maybe that was a mistake. one of these guys is gonna have to fight him after all. rich franklin is a tough opponent when he likes you, a pissed off rich franklin is gonna be much worse.

next week it's jorge rivera and patrick cote, i am more excited about that fight than i was for this fight. sounds like a good match up to me.

I thought that matt serra and patick cote were hilarious doing hte captian miserable skit.

interesting episode. shonie defecting to the other team. that caused a bit of drama in the house. iceman showing up was a nice touch. showing the fighters how to throw those huge bombs. and it's not everyday you see a guy knockout his opponent while he is lying on his back. feel bad for jorge rivera, at the end you could see how disappointed he was.

next week should be interesting. matt hughes is showing up. you just know he is gonna rub some people the wrong way. you got GSP there to start off with. then of course you got the rest of the welterweights who may have to fight him soon. and you know matt hughes can just get under peoples skin. should be interesting.

interesting episode. shonie defecting to the other team. that caused a bit of drama in the house. iceman showing up was a nice touch. showing the fighters how to throw those huge bombs. and it's not everyday you see a guy knockout his opponent while he is lying on his back. feel bad for jorge rivera, at the end you could see how disappointed he was.

next week should be interesting. matt hughes is showing up. you just know he is gonna rub some people the wrong way. you got GSP there to start off with. then of course you got the rest of the welterweights who may have to fight him soon. and you know matt hughes can just get under peoples skin. should be interesting.

I agree. Looks like in the previews George st pierre is trying to do the same thing to Matt. reminds me of when ARnold tried to psych out Lou Ferrrigno in Pumping Iron.

just wanted to say that I hope that serra drops or submits Shoney.

I cant wait for the matchup between shoney and serra.

I also cant wait for the Hughes vs. GSP match, after the way that Hughts acted at the restaurant.

I like GSP I dont like Hughes.

I concur!

You could tell GSP was pissed but i think he handled it pretty well by not letting Matt walk all over him. He was quick with the come backs. I hope GSP demolishes Hughes. Along with The Snowman demolishing the Maine-iac

i didn't get to see this episode, because i was working thursday and on sat when the encore was on i was watching UFC 64. maybe i can catch it during the marathon. in any case, i'm looking forward to the shonie vs serra match. i like them both, but i'd like to see serra take it. mostly because i'd like to see matt serra against matt hughes or hopefully GSP. can you picture shonie carter (in some multi colored speedos) vs. matt hughes?

i just thought of something. the middleweights have been going thru this thinking they will have to fight rich franklin. but now, they are going to have to fight anderson silva!

I am a little disappointed, I wanted serra to submit him. But the decision is good.

I like that speech thatt serra gave to lemonade. . I didnt like the way that Matt Hughes was able to play the two against one an other .

I was excited to see the promos for the next pay per view. I am really hoping to have the title change hands.

who do you think Serra or the other guy(whos name I cant remember, i think it is lytle) would have the best chance against.

If I were the the Middlewieght contenders, I dont know if I would llike looking down the road at fighting Silva. That dude can make people look bad. I just dont think that any of them could make a run at Franklin, but now silva I really dont know