Robert's Blog: "Everything is Awesome"

I just said goodbye to Flanders and now I'm quite sad, but I'm also very happy. I'm happy that he'll be with his family soon and I'm happy that he made the trip all the way out here to meet his online family.

Safe travels my friend.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4AM

I'm just heading to bed. Zack and others are still awake. I will get everyone up in a few hours and take a few people to the airport.

The end of Vegan Vacation is always a sad time. We get close, make great new friends and rather than "goodbye" we like to think of it as "see you again soon."

Time for some sleep. It has been a great ride, and tomorrow I'll return to my regular schedule of doing things.

Thanks to all of you who attended or in some way participated in the Vegan Vacation. A special thanks to Richard for creating and updating the website throughout the past few weeks.

I'm spent. I'm totally wiped out. But I had an amazing time during the Vegan Vacation over the past 10 days.

Thank you to all of you who made the journey out to Portland. I know many of you made sacrifices to be here and I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate your involvement in our event this year.

I look forward to seeing many of you at the 2008 Vegan Vacation or before. You are all welcome to visit Portland and stay with us anytime.

Thank you for your trust, your support and dedication to your lifestyle.

I hear that. I am so exhausted that I can not push myself any farther. I need rest, so that is what I have mostly done today. I have been a fun time! take some time for yourself Robert and remember to take care of yourself.

Flanders also reminds me to take care of myself. I don't always do a good job of that.

sydneyvegan is still here and we're having an awesome time! We're so much alike, it's pretty awesome. We've been meeting up with others each day for breakfast. Potter keeps on trying to feed me heaps of vegan butter. Today was an awesome breakfast of HUGE vegan pancakes.

I'm catching up on a bit of sleep. I've had to take naps each day since the Vegan Vacation ended. Tonight I woke up from the nap and then we went and watched a comedy show at a Pro Comedy Club downtown. Good times.

It's about time for bed now, but of course I'll down a bit more food first and maybe watch some Ronnie Coleman videos

Besides Me!

@Rob, Flameska, Ed and Zack: Thank you very much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. Although I sometimes make fun of others I really try to be a good person and whenever possible I want to influence others positively.

I spoke to Daywalker yesterday and maybe he will carry the german flag during VV2008! Most likely I will not make it in 2008 because as you know our second child will be only 9 month old by then.

If any of you really is going to visit Germany it would definitely be lots of fun! We have forum members sprad all over Germany, in many big and some smaller cities (Berlin, Frankfurt, Kleve, Münster, Hannover, München, Bad Konstanz, Recklinghausen, Nürnberg).

BTW: I love you as well!

sydneyvegan leaves in the morning. We've had such a great time hanging out during and after the Vegan Vacation. The Vegan Vacation officially ended on Monday and sydney has been staying with me since then. We've been training, eating, shopping, hanging out, and just having a great time. It will be sad to say goodbye tomorrow to a very good friend of mine.

The Vegan Vacation was great and in many ways, it carries on. There are so many of us in Portland, we are continuing to have gatherings daily! veganpotter and Jamie leave soon too so that won't be an easy goodbye either.

I guess they aren't really "goodbyes" anyway. They are more like, "see you next time, or see you again soon."

Well, it's after 2AM so I better sleep. I stayed up late posting some group photos since some people had been requesting them. I have more than 500 V.V. photos on my computer just from my camera alone

Have a great Friday everyone.

I'm very excited about all of those points..........I LOVE watching our Portland community grow, and I also love the fact that I have friends all over the world. What's even better is that those friends are so nice and open to having us visit too.

When I get the time and money, you can bet that I'll travel around and visit some of my new friends and other online friends.

Things like Vegan Vacation are so great to experience. I hope many people on the forum get the opportunity attend one of these events. It is a pretty powerful experience!

I've had a nice change of pace lately. I'm down in Corvallis for the next couple of days. I grew up here and I'm visiting my mom, picking berries, relaxing on the farm and hanging out.

The Vegan Vacation was an incredible time but also very busy and somewhat stressful for me. I had a lot going on in all aspects of my life during the past couple of weeks. Now, I'm out on the farm, picking fruit from the trees and bushes, watching animals roam around freely and I'm just relaxing a bit.

Today I attended a large Scandinavian Festival in Junction City, OR. I took some pics and made a few videos. I'll post them when I get back home in a couple of days.

I also ate a foot-long tofurky hot-dog today so that was cool. I've never seen a vegan weiner that big before.

In general, all is well and I'm enjoying my little break from the city.

Thanks. My abs hardly ever show up, so when they do I take photos

Today I picked about 30 pounds of blueberries. I also went to a family reunion and then again visited the Scandinavian Festival in Junction City.

My mom and I watched the stars tonight and saw about 3 shooting stars. It was cool. I've been back out in the country for 3 days now. I leave for Portland tomorrow. It has been a great break for me.

Well, time for bed.

Yeah. I had a great time visiting my mom for 4 days. I just needed to get out of the city for a while and take a "vacation" after Vegan Vacation It was really cool.

I picked about 50 pounds of blueberries, went to a festival a couple of times, walked around in the sun, hung out with some of the animals at my mom's house and just relaxed a bit.

Now I'm really busy with some Vega projects and I'll be headed out of town again this weekend.

I've still be hanging out with forum members everyday I've been in Portland since the Vegan Vacation. Good times.

We're also getting more new members than ever before, so please feel free to welcome them to our community.

Time to get back to work.

Today was great. I had breakfast with Jessifly and then I got a ton of work done. I came to a great agreement with a new business partner of sorts to get another 1,000 DVDs printed and paid for and they should be arriving at my house in a couple of weeks

I was at Chef Al's house for a party tonight. loveliberate and davidtarrfoster joined me for that and it was great. Chef Al and Donna are great people!

I'm really pleased that I got so much done today for Vega and for work in general. I'm getting back to the grind after getting a little lazy for a while.

It was hot last night so I didn't sleep really well but I'll keep working late tonight like last night and try to exhaust myself.

Tomorrow xdarthveganx and I are heading to Eugene for work and it should be a great trip. We'll pick some berries while we're down there too

Today was a long day but an awesome day! xdarthveganx and I were together for about 12 hours working, riding in the car, traveling, hanging out, eating, and talking quite a bit.

We got a lot of work done, had some fun and ate lots of Vegan Pizza from the Pizza Research Institute in Eugene, OR.

I got home a little before midnight and now I'm going to have a bit more pizza and then go to bed

This weekend should be great for work too. I'm happy to be back working a lot again

Today was a long day but an awesome day! xdarthveganx and I were together for about 12 hours working, riding in the car, traveling, hanging out, eating, and talking quite a bit.

We got a lot of work done, had some fun and ate lots of Vegan Pizza from the Pizza Research Institute in Eugene, OR.

I got home a little before midnight and now I'm going to have a bit more pizza and then go to bed

This weekend should be great for work too. I'm happy to be back working a lot again

I'm happy for you too Robert

Have a great weekend

I hope you're all happy........I've spent the last 5 hours uploading Vegan Vacation videos!!!

Check out the Videos section and the Vegan Vacation section to see the 20+ videos I just posted.

Today I've just been sitting around working on the computer, eating pizza and drinking Vega. I think I'll go to the gym in a while. I haven't been outside once and it is after 5PM.