I think this is my intro..

veganbarbie

Hello everyone. I'm Addie, I'm 20, and Ive been a vegan for only 6 months. I started being vegetarian 3 years ago. Im really into nutrition, and I'm trying hard to be into fitness. I don't know much about it though. I like yoga, and I love to swim, but I'm not obsessed with it like I am nutrition. I'm learning though. In nursing school I learned a lot about meat being bad, and that is what helped me seal the deal to be passionate about vegetarianism. The book "Skinny Bitch" is what made me become vegan. Everyone should read it. I need a little inspiration to get me working out more... I'm a bit lazy.

Welcome!

Veganbarbie is yet another person I met via myspace and I'm happy that she has joined us here too!

Thanks for joining us and you should have a lot of fun here and learn lots of great info as well.

Great to have you as part of our team!

OK, you got my curiousity up - Why should people stay out of healthcare?How is it "awful" & "going downhill fast"?

Besides the fact that healthcare is a necessity and the fact that new healthcare workers are desperately needed, it's also worth noting that the healthcare field generally pays pretty well and offers more employment opportunities than almost any other field.

Hey Isaac, Have I mentioned that I was also trained as an EMT-B, loved my time in the ER/ED and am strongly considering a career as a nurse?

OK, you got my curiousity up - Why should people stay out of healthcare?How is it "awful" & "going downhill fast"?

Besides the fact that healthcare is a necessity and the fact that new healthcare workers are desperately needed, it's also worth noting that the healthcare field generally pays pretty well and offers more employment opportunities than almost any other field.

Hey Isaac, Have I mentioned that I was also trained as an EMT-B, loved my time in the ER/ED and am strongly considering a career as a nurse?

It offeres so many jobs bc no body wants to do it, and 50% of ppl that enter leave within a year.. Ppl arent paying their bills, and hardly anyone has inssurance, so hospitals and other clinics arent making any money, and the longer this goes on the less money anyone in healthcare will make..

the work is awful, you might want to job shadow b4 making that choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello & Welcome!

I'm hesitant to ask but could you please tell us/me more about the book you mention? I've never heard of it and the name isnt something I prefer to google for...

LOL that's funny! I made a mistake by googling for the contact info for a cafe called Hot House... all kinds of funny site links and scary pop ups came up on my screen @ work!!!

Hi. I just saw this post _ saw your otehrs before this. You wrote "In nursing school I learned a lot about meat being bad"

That sounds great. What specifically is being taught, as far as meat eating being bad, in school?

They just talk about what causes cancer and things. There is a list of things a person has to do (or should do) who has cancer or someone who fears getting it. Number one was giving up meat, then there was (I forget the order) lose weight, stop smoking, and exercise..

but they still teach the traditional food pyramid so dont get ur hopes up.