I "might" be moving to L.A. this winter

robert

Since I posted this in another thread, I'll mention that I might be moving from Portland to L.A. for the winter. It will just be temporary and the motivation behind it is to escape some of the winter weather here in Portland and to live with Brendan Brazier for a couple of months, posssibly working on another DVD project.

Brendan wants out of Canada for the winter so he can continue to train many hours a day in nicer weather. He really likes L.A. and spent last winter there. Tonya Kay is there too, so we may do another documentary, filming it in L.A. ....if time allows for it.

I still absolutely LOVE Portland and I'd only be gone for a couple of months (December, January, and maybe parts of February). Portland feels like HOME to me now. I'm just chasing opportunities, and there are many in L.A. for me as far as my job with Vega goes, as far as media opportunities go, and networking. I'm also a fan of warmer weather (not that it will be totally warm), but warmer than Northwestern Oregon.

So, anyway, it's just an idea Brendan and I talked about on the phone recently, I'm not sure if it will actually happen or not.

I'm excited about the possibilities.

PA isnt really that bad. That's where I grew up.

And as far as Oregon goes: my girlfriend and I are moving there this January specifically for the winter weather. I'm dying to train for snowboarding up on Mt Hood. I love the snow. Oregon is where its at.

LA has too much comotion for me.

Goodluck in LA if you go Robert. I'll be moving to PDX and you'll be just leaving it. heh wierd

PA isnt really that bad. That's where I grew up.

And as far as Oregon goes: my girlfriend and I are moving there this January specifically for the winter weather. I'm dying to train for snowboarding up on Mt Hood. I love the snow. Oregon is where its at.

LA has too much comotion for me.

Goodluck in LA if you go Robert. I'll be moving to PDX and you'll be just leaving it. heh wierd

My GF and I moved to Oregon for the EXACT same reason. Now if we could only find a damn apartment on the east side of Portland! but anyways we love it here.

Yeah, totally move to the East side! I love SE, and there are great things about NE too, where davidtarrfoster and I live. Alberta St. for example is just a couple of blocks from us and it is just like a SE street. I hear Mississippi St. is similar in NE.

But yeah man, a bunch of us are on the East side so come on over!

Wow, L.A. sounds great! I mean: in L.A. you have a lot more opportunity for your career, vegan networking and make sure to visit Hollywood! Maybe the next star is born...the vegan star! I see it coming: Terminator 4 with a vegan...hahaha

I already saw your PeTA ad and you made a great figure!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it looks like I won't be "moving" there. I chatted with Brendan a bit yesterday and it looks like he'll just be there for a short time and I'll probably go down to visit for about 2 weeks or so. Maybe I'll stay longer, visiting a bunch of forum members, since quite a few are in California.

So I'll still rock Portland nearly all winter long