Welcome to the College of 1000 posts, I'll be your guide

robert

Hey CollegeB, you are 1 post away, so if you'd like to enroll in the College of 1000 posts you will need to reply!

This is a special thank you to CollegeB for his efforts on the forum. What most people don't realize is that we have had forums for years, including forums before vf.net and other popular message board sites started. Our forums just weren't very good, but CollegeB was on them way back in the day. I even remember being out in Mexico in 2003 and on our 2nd attempt at a successful forum, I'd see CollegeB posting quite a bit. I used to get excited when we had more than one post a day. One day we had about 20 posts and I was super pumped. Really, it was probably just CollegeB and I chatting back and forth, me using the internet cafe in Mazatlan, Mexico.

This is our 3rd forum and obviously quite a bit more successful than the last two, and CollegeB has been a Huge part of that.

So, I want to say thanks for all your efforts and for being one of the original members 3 or 4 years ago when I first started to get this idea of Vegan Bodybuilding to take off.

Many thanks sir, and we'd be thrilled to accept you into the College of 1000 posts. Perhaps you could work in admissions when you graduate?

Psssh, its nothin like being a raw vegan or fruititarian. You guys are inspiring me. Im living mostly on raw fruits and protein shakes now! Is there any way to utilize potatoes in a raw diet? I've got a few lbs of sweet potatoes and i've never eaten potatoes raw...

Is there any way to utilize potatoes in a raw diet? I've got a few lbs of sweet potatoes and i've never eaten potatoes raw...

I'm not sure about actual potatoes (though I used to snack on them raw when I was a kid), but I've seen raw sweet potato recipes. Most involve shredding the sweet potatoes.

I think also marinating can be used as a way of processing raw foods and breaking them down a bit (the way cooking does, but less extreme), so marinating some shredded sweet potatoes (I'm assuming they are the orange ones? the other ones, like potatoes, could be very starchy) in some lemon juice and oil or apple cider vinegar and oil with some agave nectar, for example, then sprinkling with cinnamon or other spices, or maybe mixing the yams with shredded apples for a kind of dessert (I'm just ad libbing here!) might work.

Man I just moved to IL a month ago and I am pretty swamped with school work. It looks like I have a week or two off to get back to TX to visit the fam... Though I still want to come up to Portland, and a friend actually 2 friends of mine want to move out there, so I probably will be up sooner or later.