Acne....

zmjohnston

I keep my diet pretty clean, usually fresh fruits, veggies, sprouts, and nuts. Also cooked beans and rice, and some cooked grain, but I still seem to have skin problems. I know skin problems are usually a sign of detox, as is acne. I have problems with eczema on the insides of my elbows and at the inner base of my wrist. Also, a good bit of acne on and around my chin, mouth. Not sure if it's a food allergy or what. I eat very little processed foods... Don't think i'm deficient in anything either, I eat a wide range of foods and usually supplement. I drink probably 3 or so liters of water a day, plus what's in fruit, any ideas?

In my view one's diet won't make the acne go away, it's an internal inflammation and needs time or medical treatment. It may be easier to get rid of your eczema by using some good moisturizing cream.

The only drug that seem to work with acne is roaccutane but I wouldn't reccomend it unless you've had it for many years.

Check out this thread for more info on remedies.

viewtopic.php?t=498&highlight=

Acne is diet related...I doubt you'll ever find a dermatologist that disagrees with that. It may not be the only issue for some but for most people diet really changes complextions...other than that its the air around you, how you treat your skin as well as genetics

I found being vegan helped my acne considerably. Helping me go from spotty to nearly completely clear. A mild face wash is still neacessary though. With more stringent dieting, cutting out salt, wheat, vinegar and otherwise strong, artificial or processed food along with food combining managed to reduce it to near nill, but that takes alot of will power (so I gave up).

It does take a while though.

Acne is diet related...I doubt you'll ever find a dermatologist that disagrees with that. It may not be the only issue for some but for most people diet really changes complextions...other than that its the air around you, how you treat your skin as well as genetics

I know plenty of people who look at me like I'm speaking Greek when I say that acne is related because their dermatologist said it wasn't.

Have you tried cutting certain things (like soy or some kind of tree nut) from your diet that you may have been eating more of recently? For a while soy would make me break out like crazy, so I stopped and the problem cleared up.

Its been a few weeks since Ive turned vegan, and I noticed that I have acne now when I used to never have it. My dad noticed my acne and was telling me about an old friend of his named smokey santillo, who was a big fan of a non dairy diet for health reasons. And apperntly he told my dad that for the first 6 weeks of being vegan, one will experience acne problems as your body expels the "poison" that is dairy.

I found this info helpful and encouraging and hope you feel the same.

also, don't use too many cleansers on the face. I found that they aggrivate acne. The best way to clean the face, in my opinion, is to rinse with water 3 to 5 times daily and dry with fluffy towel whenever possible. I've had what some describe as "flawless" skin for about 7 years now and it all started when I stopped used Neutrogena and started using water. Also a bi-monthly treatment is not a bad idea such as an oatmeal mask or a bit of rose water.

also, don't use too many cleansers on the face. I found that they aggrivate acne. The best way to clean the face, in my opinion, is to rinse with water 3 to 5 times daily and dry with fluffy towel whenever possible. I've had what some describe as "flawless" skin for about 7 years now and it all started when I stopped used Neutrogena and started using water. Also a bi-monthly treatment is not a bad idea such as an oatmeal mask or a bit of rose water.

An oatmeal mask?! I'll have to look into that one.

I'd prefer the avacodo mask...oatmeals cheap so you may not wanna eat it but I'd eat avocado off of anything so long as it was on something vegan(includes other peoples faces)