Illinois vegan meet up?

pelicanAndrew

I was thinking a vegan thanksgiving or winter because that's the only time i have off from school besides a few choice concerts in chicago i may be attending.

Just getting the idea out there and see who else is on this board and what they think. I know CollegeB and Kathryn are Illinoisanese, anyone else? Or even if you're from wisconsin or are stopping in the area, just let one of us know.

my email

[email protected]

AIM- slidecore42

Great idea, I might be able to help recruit more members from that area too.

I love to hear about meet-ups!

About 20 of us got together for dinner last night in Portland. It was cool. (not all forum members, but vegans in the area).

Have a great time at the gathering!

Good thing I checked out this part of the forum for the first time!

Yes, I am in Illinois, and Decatur would be a lovely place to get together (or if we can find someone from Champaign or Urbana to host us?). I'm not really wild about driving up around Chicago, especially around the holidays.

Maybe post this in the General Discussion as well (at least a post to direct people here), since there may be others like me who don't venture 'down here' that often!

There is absolutely nothing vegan friendly around here besides one dish per meal at my schools cafeteria.

I'd suggest doing it in Champaign-Urbana as well. I could probably take Greyhound down there in like an hour. Chicago is nuts around holidays. Perhaps a spring time vegan meet up in chicago would be better.

This is what I like to see! More meet-ups, gatherings, regional vegan community building!

woohoo!

Awesome, I hope you guys get it arranged and it happens. I can even try to bring in more vegans from that area to join the forum. It looks like already we have quite a few from there

Have fun!

I absolutely hate driving around Chicago, and don't even talk about finding a parking space (which I haven't had to do, because I only go there for conferences, and I stay in hotels, some of which have some major parking annoyances of their own).

I would even drive to Indianapolis (2 hour drive for me) rather than Chicago (3+ hours for me) , unless I have to be there for a conference. And I'd bring a potluck dish!

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody wants to post times/dates that they'll be off of school/work. I know it's pretty tough for me to do much unless i have a few days off of school.

Not sure if everyone else is still in college or what your work is like but we should be able to figure something out. I think the first one we should make somewhere outside of the city(possibly even Soul Vegetarian east since it's so far south).

If anybody knows of any kick butt vegan places in Champaign-Urbana i'd gladly bus down there on grey hound to meet up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i realize this is stupid short notice but i'm going to be in Champaign this Saturday from about 3-4 till 10 o'clockish. After that i'm back to my dorm to go out and hit the parties with my friend.

I guess if anybody wants to come and show me a good place in Champaign to grab a good ol vegan bite to eat, i'd be happy.