Fight Videos for Avatars, signatures, or just cuz they cool

robert

Please no.

Animated avatars and sigs can be very annoying.

All the blinking and motion are really distracting.

They also make page load times very long for non broadband users.

3 animated avatar pictures and one sig have already put this thread over 2 MegaBytes

That's an eternity on 56K

Can you imagine 15 animated avatars and 15 animated sigs per page?

Please no.

Animated avatars and sigs can be very annoying.

All the blinking and motion are really distracting.

They also make page load times very long for non broadband users.

3 animated avatar pictures and one sig have already put this thread over 2 MegaBytes

That's an eternity on 56K

Can you imagine 15 animated avatars and 15 animated sigs per page?

Oh wow, I didn't even think of that

I just find these videos on random myspace pages and thought I'd post them here in the forum for our martial arts friends.

Thanks for the heads up on computer speeds and what not.

I agree that it is sport. And I accept peoples decisions to compete in that sport. I did not say a word about watching or don`t watching. So there is no need to write anything in capital letters because I did not attack anyone or anyones attitude.

I repeat my simple question which was motivated by honest interest why some people like these sports: What is cool or sweet about 2 guys beating each other until they bleed?

Well I like fighting because of the extreme adrenalinrush. Whenever I stand face-to-face with a fighter adrenalin flows throw my body. You know that the guy you're fighting is a fighter like you with training, skills and a lack of fear. In fighting there's no room for distractions, you're extremely focused. There's only you and your opponent. That's why I'm into fighting. It's all in good fun though, when the fighting ends there's no hard feelings at all.

What is cool or sweet about 2 guys beating each other until they bleed?

well the answer to that is nothing. there is nothing cool about random acts of violence, bullys beating people up for fun. nothing cool about that at all.

but to me, there is a difference between fighting and MMA. as i have heard a fighter say once, "i don't like to fight, i like to compete. i look forward to testing myself in the octagon against the best competition in the world". fighting is what drunks do at bars and bullys do at schoolyards. these guys are above all that. the best fighters here are disciplined and mastered in their fields, just like a basketball or football player trains, eats, and sleeps their sport. many of these fighter have been training since they were 12 years old or younger. you have several olympians competing in MMA as well. and just like any other athletes, they want to compete against the best in the world, usa, russia, brazil, holland, japan, this is the cream of the crop. not too many bar fighters could pull off that flying armbar executed so beautifully above. now that take a lot of discipline, talent, and training.

it's not about just punching someone until they bleed. that's what drunk bar fighters do. yes there are rivalries where these guys seem like they are genuinely out to hurt someone. (shamrock/ortiz being the most famous), but the majority of fighters have respect for every opponent and do not want to see anybody hurt. and it is not as dangerous as people think. it's interesting to note the fact that in the entire history of the UFC, there has not been a single death. in contrast, there have been 53 deaths in professional boxing just in the last 5 years. in addition to that, there a several different ways a fight could end, not just by knockout. in the early days, Royce Gracie won 90% of his fights without ever throwing a punch or making anyone bleed. his legacy continues today. just look at all the fights that end by submission. no blood, no real damage done to the opponent.

you have bonehead fans in every sport who just crave violence. be it hockey fans or hooligans at soccer games, there are just some people out looking for bloodlust. but those fans usually don't stick around this sport when they see the amount of wrestling and submissions involved. we don't all want to see blood. look at our reaction to the dewees vs. ray fight. most of us were amazed that fight was not stopped after all that blood was spilled. we all found it quite ing. in another MMA forum i lurk at, somebody posted a clip of something called "felony fights", or something like that. bunch of ex-con scumbags beating each other up. it was greeted with unanimous dis gust . no discipline, no respect, no real talent. just a bunch of violent, immature, and obviously sexually repressed idiots flailing their arms around until they hit someone in the face. none of the fans wanted to see that, it has no place in this sport. and anyone one of those felony "fighters" ( i use the term loosely) would not last one round with one of these professional MMA fighters.

a picture is worth a thousand words, so i end with this picture that shows the best of this sport.

http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/32490.jpg

Mirko Crocop helping his opponent Hidehiko Yoshida after defeating him 7/01/06/

• 1 month later...

Its a combat sport. I remember my wrestling coach telling us to "never worry about winning". "Just perform and work hard, and winning will take care of itself." Of course there is a strategy or gameplan in every match you have, but you get the idea.

In combat sports like wrestling, boxing, mma.... you get rewarded for your hard work. The more time you put in and the harder you push yourself the more success you will have. The more you push your cardio, the more time you put in learning, the better the fighter you will be.

Unitl you have trained and competed in a combat sport, I dont think anyone can really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

i recently saw an interview with tank abbott after he lost his fight to paul "the headhunter" buentello at Strikeforce. here is an example of a man who still refuses to evolve with the sport. "i didn't know anything about paul, i just went in there like i was fighting in a bar. when you fight in bars, you don't know who you are gonna fight. so why should i train for a specific guy?" WTF? you are not in a bar anymore, and the guys you fight are not drunk marines. they are professional trained athletes, and you better believe that they are studying your old fights to look for you weaknesses. looks like paul buentello did his homework.

then he said something along the lines of "where was buentello back in the day after he would beat somebody up? i know he wasn't in handcuffs waiting to go to jail. but i was". and get this... he was bragging about this. yeah damn right paul buentello wasn't getting arrested, and that's a good thing. where was he after a fight? i imagine he was probably right back in the gym training for his next fight, while you were waiting for someone to bail you out of the county jail. then he calls out both tito ortiz and ken shamrock. "they wouldn't fight me in the street." no they wouldn't, because they are not bone-headed bar fighters, they are real fighters who train to compete, not to waste their talent and training fighting drunks with tuff guy (aka inferiority) complex.

this refusal to evolve is the reason paul buentello knocked him out in less than a minute, and tank abbot now has a professional record of 9 wins and 12 losses, and has never won more than 2 fights in a row. now tank has some incredibly heavy hands and has devastating knockout power, but he is not disciplined. and he is competing against world class, well rounded fighters who can strategize to overcome a physically stronger puncher. it's time to evolve tank. you could be a champ if you step out of you bar fighting mentality.

end of rant.

i recently saw an interview with tank abbott after he lost his fight to paul "the headhunter" buentello at Strikeforce. here is an example of a man who still refuses to evolve with the sport. "i didn't know anything about paul, i just went in there like i was fighting in a bar. when you fight in bars, you don't know who you are gonna fight. so why should i train for a specific guy?" WTF? you are not in a bar anymore, and the guys you fight are not drunk marines. they are professional trained athletes, and you better believe that they are studying your old fights to look for you weaknesses. looks like paul buentello did his homework.

then he said something along the lines of "where was buentello back in the day after he would beat somebody up? i know he wasn't in handcuffs waiting to go to jail. but i was". and get this... he was bragging about this. yeah damn right paul buentello wasn't getting arrested, and that's a good thing. where was he after a fight? i imagine he was probably right back in the gym training for his next fight, while you were waiting for someone to bail you out of the county jail. then he calls out both tito ortiz and ken shamrock. "they wouldn't fight me in the street." no they wouldn't, because they are not bone-headed bar fighters, they are real fighters who train to compete, not to waste their talent and training fighting drunks with tuff guy (aka inferiority) complex.

this refusal to evolve is the reason paul buentello knocked him out in less than a minute, and tank abbot now has a professional record of 9 wins and 12 losses, and has never won more than 2 fights in a row. now tank has some incredibly heavy hands and has devastating knockout power, but he is not disciplined. and he is competing against world class, well rounded fighters who can strategize to overcome a physically stronger puncher. it's time to evolve tank. you could be a champ if you step out of you bar fighting mentality.

end of rant.

what I remember about tank abbott, is that he could not stop getting into fights with every WWF wrestler he traveled withl He had one of the shortest careers for a non injured athlete in that company.

I think that I saw that fight. or else I saw another fight with him that lasted about 1 minute.

• 1 month later...