Treating my tooth...

nicole

So, my wisdom tooth decided to grow in some more after already being "in" for years and it had some kind of blow out. The dentist has me treating my gums with gentian violet (it's a very purple anti-infectant that STAINS LIKE CRAZY), which is kind of a mess! Behold!

http://www.ilikeitsalty.com/storage/nicole/violet1.jpg

Hope it gets better soon!

I had that happen as well, my jaw was so swollen I couldn't open it or talk for 3 weeks. I refused to go to the dentist unless my fever got higher, so I toughed it out and was on a liquid diet. Eventually it all worked out and the infection just went away.

When I got my pulled the pain only bugged me for a bit...I couldn't train hard though because I tense up in my jaws when I lift hard and that hurt like hell...plus I couldn't eat much food

We can see up your nose.

At least there are no bats in the cave.

Hope your tooth gets better, Nicole. Will they have to pull that one?

The rest of your teeth look healthy. My molars looks like a silver mine compared to yours.

Nope, no pulling. I've never even had a cavity and all of my wisdom teeth are in great shape, this one just got jerky, but it'll be okay soon.

Hope it gets better soon!

I had that happen as well, my jaw was so swollen I couldn't open it or talk for 3 weeks. I refused to go to the dentist unless my fever got higher, so I toughed it out and was on a liquid diet. Eventually it all worked out and the infection just went away.

You are very brave! After a day of having this interfere with eating (GASP!), I made an appointment with the dentist! Enjoying eating is very important to me.

When I got my pulled the pain only bugged me for a bit...I couldn't train hard though because I tense up in my jaws when I lift hard and that hurt like hell...plus I couldn't eat much food

Yikes! Mine aren't actually pulled, they're still there, thank goodness!

I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled out in 12 days. Not looking forward to it at all.

Oooh, good luck!! One of my goals in life was to keep my wisdom teeth (they were enough trouble to grow, after all!) and so far, so good.

My top 2 are in no problem but the bottom 2 are the ones that are impacted and all screwed up.