Please allow me to introduce myself

ronnie kray

"i'm a man of wealth and taste" ~woo-hoo~

hi everyone. i am just a guy from texas. i have been vegetarian for around 7 years now. i have been making the transition to vegan lately. i don't drink milk or eat eggs. though i have to admit i not very good at investigating labels, so i have probably had something with dairy ingredients. i am also straight edge. no recreational drugs, no alcoholic drinks, no tobacco. i have been lurking this site for about a month now, and decided it's time to join.

why am i here? well i have been interested in working out more this year, and am interested in doing it as vegan as possible. i have always been a slim guy (ectomorph) even before i went veggie. i don't have much $$$ or equipment, so i began using the P90 program some months ago. i made some noticeable gains. but i can see from what i have read here, i was not eating nearly as much as i should have. now, i am not really a body builder, and i don't really want to compete. i just want to pack on a bit more muscle. as kevin spacey said in the movie american beauty, "i just want to look good with my shirt off". i am quite new to all this, so i will probably ask a bunch of redundant and silly questions. bear with me.

so that's me.

"pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name" ~woo-hoo~

Hi Ronnie.

We have an interesting recruiting speed here

now, i am not really a body builder, and i don't really want to compete. i just want to pack on a bit more muscle.

Now, that's a contradiction!

You don't have to compete to be BB, you just have to work out and adjust your diet with the goal of muscle gain. Simple as that

i am quite new to all this, so i will probably ask a bunch of redundant and silly questions. bear with me.

Go ahead, we'll be pleased to answer and help you.

Welcome on board,

now i'm not the rookie here anymore *hehe*

now, i am not really a body builder, and i don't really want to compete. i just want to pack on a bit more muscle.

Now, that's a contradiction!

You don't have to compete to be BB, you just have to work out and adjust your diet with the goal of muscle gain. Simple as that

i see, by definition what i am looking for would be considered bodybuilding. correct? i always thought to be a bodybuilder you had to compete.

i am already learning something new here.

you know what i like about this board... NO TROLLS! seems like a good group of people exchanging ideas.

So happy that you decided to introduce yourself and join us.

welcome.

p.s. is that you on the cover of that mag?

no, that handsome gentleman is the real ronnie kray, brother to reggie and charlie kray, three of the most notorious british gangsters ever.

i don't really know all that much about the krays. to tell the truth i got the name from a song by morrissey called "last of the famous international playboys". i'm a bit of a smiths/morrissey fan.

No trolls?

Ok, not yet, but i'm working out to become one! A cave troll like in the Lord of the Rings or something like that...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8219/troll3eo.th.jpg

For this arm i could get used to the face... after all, it's not that much different from mine now

LOL! by trolls, i meant people who come into a message board just to bash, ridicule, taunt, or just piss people off. seems a vegan board would get lots of those, but i am glad that i have seen no troll posts yet.

thanks for the welcome!

Edited by ronnie kray

Actually, I'm a troll. I think vegans are a bunch of wimps.

Welcome to the board! It's good fun here.

P.S. I've thought the same thing about the lack of trolls - Rob, do you ever have to delete messages or anything? It's an unusually clean forum. Hope it always stays that way.

Hey Ronnie Kray, welcome to the group!

About the Trolls, NO Trolls here so far. No, I don't delete anything. As you can see, I don't do much "Admin Work" or "Moderating" I don't really even know how

My website guy just set up the forum and I've left it alone. Soon, I'll get into the admin page and maybe put some "sticky" icons on most popular topics or something like that, but it seems to be working well now.

You know, I've been vegan for 10 years and bodybuilding for about 5 years and have the veganbodybuilding.com website for 3 years and in all that time, I've only had about 3-5 anti vegan e-mails or comments! I'm also VERY surprised, almost thinking to myself in my head, "why don't more people hate me for being vegan?" It just seems like there must be more people that would dislike what I'm doing, but I've had maybe around 3,000 support e-mails and about 5 "vegans suck" e-mails.

So that ratio has been pretty encouraging over the years.

If I don't say it enough, I'm glad to have all of you here. THIS forum, our NEW version has been up for maybe 14 weeks now, since late April/early May and we've had over 3,500 messages posted, so that is encouraging as well. We're still VERY NEW as far as forums go, since we upgraded and removed the old ones.

Have a great day everyone!

-Robert

You know, I've been vegan for 10 years and bodybuilding for about 5 years and have the veganbodybuilding.com website for 3 years and in all that time, I've only had about 3-5 anti vegan e-mails or comments! I'm also VERY surprised, almost thinking to myself in my head, "why don't more people hate me for being vegan?" It just seems like there must be more people that would dislike what I'm doing, but I've had maybe around 3,000 support e-mails and about 5 "vegans suck" e-mails.

That's because they know you can beat them up. Haha.

hahahaha,

Thanks man, I'm sure that is not the case most of the time, but perhaps some are intimidated.

I keep the Trolls far away at a great distance so their presence will not be felt here

I'm glad we are getting new members all the time, this is cool to see.

Thanks everyone for telling friends about us

the ironic thing is i found out about this board because of a troll! i post on this other message board, a straight edge related forum. there is a bit of a problem with trolls there. they come in once in a while and say things like "staright edg is 4 l00zerz. u r gay! drink a beer fagz!" etc. some troll who is so alone is his real life he has to come in and try to make other people as miserable as he is.

anyway, one troll came into the vegetarian/vegan thread and started a ruckus. he went on this huge rant saying he could out do any vegan or vegetarian any day of the week, and people needed meat to build muscle, etc. one guy responded with a link to veganathlete.com and veganbodybuilding.com. then he said "so you think you can outdo any vegan? let me know when you take out with this group of athletes, you insecure little fuck". it was great.

i had already known of some vegetarian/vegan atheletes and well built people. and i had already done some working out. but i kept coming by veganbodybuilding.com and the message boards, and realized there is so much i can learn here. so long story short (too late), here i am.