Hello hello

damer

My name is Tim, I'm 25 years young and I'm from all-but-exciting Upstate NY. I have been vegan for 6 years now and over a year and a half ago I took up running (it's sort of a family tradition). Last summer I ran my first 15k and then a 20k about a month later. During the 20k I pulled my groin about halfway through the race and finished dead last in my age group (literally limping over the finish line...how embarrassing!). So I stopped running through the fall and over the winter and I became lazy and super out of shape. So this summer I started running again and also wanted to increase my muscle mass and strength so I started to work out a few days a week and I'm feeling much stronger and more energetic.

More recently I have started combining my running training (avg. 3.5miles/day) with riding my bike about 10-15 miles as well, which has helped build my legs and give me more strength for running too. My constant goal is working towards being less skinny and increasing my strength (currently 5'11" @ 123.5lbs), and in summer of '07 I am going to complete my first triatholon...gotta aim high!

Happy to be here with other awesome vegans,

Tim

p.s. Almost forgot to list some of my hobbies and passions so here they are: I love birding, appreciating the natural world, playing music (guitar), listening to: hiphop, jazz, punk and metal. I am interested in documetaries and indy movies (who isn't?), zmagazine, and I am also a huge Noam Chomsky fan. : )

Where in upstate NY? I'm not far from a lot of parts of NY considered "Upstate".

I'm from the Upstate section of NY also known as Western New York, which most people up here refer to as "Upstate" which is probably incorrect...ha. I live close to Rochester.

I do have a strange taste in music I suppose too. I grew up listening to mainly punk, hardcore and metal but at about 18 or 19 I started to become addicted to underground hiphop and also started listening to more jazz. My mother is a retired voice and piano teacher and I grew up playing guitar and drums so I learned an appreciation for different forms of music I suppose rather than being latched onto one genre. I also enjoy classical and music from the 40's, which is probably strange for somebody my age as well. : )

To answer the triatholon question, I am shooting to do a sprint not far from where I live which involves: .5m S/12m B/5K R.

I'm from the Upstate section of NY also known as Western New York, which most people up here refer to as "Upstate" which is probably incorrect...ha. I live close to Rochester.

It seems to me that people tend to use "Upstate" to mean every part of NY state other than NY city, 'cause if you just say you are from NY, people tend to assume you mean the city.

Sounds good...just make sure you get lots of long rides in to save your legs for running...as for the music thing I look like an old far too since I listen almost exclusively to motown music

Hola! Where in upstate NY? I'm not far from a lot of parts of NY considered "Upstate".

Yeah, I was wondering, too. I grew up mostly in Poughkeepsie, with a couple years in Saugerties.

Exactly, I used to go to Poughkeepsie quite often last year, I'm only about 40 minutes away right over the bridge in PA on Rt. 84.

• 2 weeks later...