Who's running a marathon this year?

robert

I've been contemplating it for a while so maybe. I'm definately fit enough but the movement of running is very foreign to me nowadays...in the winter I'll start running to save time off the bike and we'll see from there. I don't wanna train for a marathon though...I just wanna do one. If I train for it I think it'll really screw up my speed on the bike...it would give me more endurance but speeds much more important

I'll be running one of the marathons in Arizona this winter, but I haven't decided which one yet... this will be my first marathon. Training starts now!

Just ran another half marathon this past weekend in just a few seconds over 1 hour, 30 minutes (the goal was to come in at 1:29:XX or better)... but this was still a personal best for me -- by more than 4 minutes!!

Does anyone know of any shirts/tanks which say "vegan" on them (or something to that effect) which are made of technical fabric (not cotton)? I'd like to advertise that you can be an endurance athlete and be a happy, healthy vegan... there are large crowds at some of these marathon races.

I'm still trying to decide what races to run in the next few months. I usually do my best training over the winter, so my best races are in the spring.

I always do the Around the Bay 30km race in March. Then I'm thinking about doing a 100 miler in May or June, followed by another long race 100M or maybe the Canadian Death Race, in July or August. I'd love to fit in a marathon somewhere in there, but it might have to wait for next fall.

Markc7...your kinda running maronthons during your 100 miler anyway aren't you

Crazy J...there's a group in the UK but I had trouble finding them online. I know they wear jerseys that say vegan on them but I'm not sure about how to get them

• 2 weeks later...

I am! well.. techniquelly, next year.. , I'll be running the Portland Marathon.

I've heard it's perfect for your first one..

I'll be doing some 10k's and a half-marathon up until that point,

over the next few months though, before training starts, I really want

to work on my speed/running pace.

Anyhow.. I think I will be doing the training with www.portlandfit.com

My cyclist friend(who is vegan) will be joining me in the training,

since the running bug has finally bit him!

Any other pdx vegans wanna join in on the training???

Cool, best of luck with your upcoming races and training.

I heard that rawrunnerbethany just finished the Chicago marathon! When she gets some rest and recovers a bit I'm sure she'll tell us about it.

Well done rawrunnerbethany! Nice job on the new PR!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm running in the PF Chang's Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon in January 2007 in Arizona. At the end of January, I'm running in the Miami Marathon.

I ran my first 1/2 marathon a year ago (2:00:48). This will be my first marathon run.

Emily

Nice Emily, it looks like you'll be in some warm climates. I lived out in Arizona and I was based near Miami when I worked for Royal Caribbean.

Have fun with the marathons! Best of luck to you!

You should post an intro on here in the Introductions section so we can properly welcome you

i have a dream of doing the boston marathon....but you need to qualify for it...which means I would have to really do 2 marathons and not one!

I also have this other goal of gaining lots of weight....so perhaps once gain my 25 pounds, I will consider running again...until then....I'll stick to casual jogging and yoga! no long runs for me anymore.

Ravi

Here are a few of the races I'm running - something to think about if you're near the Boise area:

Race to Robie Creek (toughest half in the west) - April 21st

Dry Creek Half (giving robie a run for the toughest) - April 28th

Great Potato Marathon - May 19th

Sawtooth Relay (Sun Valley area - great fun!) - June 9th

Ironman CDA, baby - June 24th

Wish me luck - I've done several marathons, but this is my first full ironman.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Running my first marathon in Paris in April the 6th.

Foodwise I'm a bit puzzled: 9.6 st, I eat between 1800 and 2300 cal /day, training 6 times a week (3 runs - 2 strength - 1 cross-training)

I should be starving but I'm quite allright ahah

Best of luck to all runners!