Don't forget to vote...

_raVen_

Yes, I'm being sarcastic . But, at the same time, really, it can mean the other too: While I'm still hating over the Diebold b.s., I would never encourage anyone not to vote (or not to protest, or not to be politically active) because of bitterness or anger or hopelessness. It just contributes to the problems. It's super complicated...

The American voting system is screwed up, in my opinion. Our representatives are not directly chosen by the People anyway -- heck, the people chosen to run aren't either, really. We are presented with two contenders and then told we have "choice." There is very little true representation of the Peoples' interest, in my jaded, "bitter-liberal" opinion .

Yes, I'm being sarcastic . But, at the same time, really, it can mean the other too: While I'm still hating over the Diebold b.s., I would never encourage anyone not to vote (or not to protest, or not to be politically active) because of bitterness or anger or hopelessness. It just contributes to the problems. It's super complicated...

The American voting system is screwed up, in my opinion. Our representatives are not directly chosen by the People anyway -- heck, the people chosen to run aren't either, really. We are presented with two contenders and then told we have "choice." There is very little true representation of the Peoples' interest, in my jaded, "bitter-liberal" opinion .

If I may add to that...we are presented (usually) with two contenders we otherwise would NEVER vote for. Candidates that don't run on platforms or issues, but on soundbites and vicious attacks on their opponents. It's sickening. And the candidate with more money has a distinct advantage because s/he can reach more people with his/her hateful and empty messages. Of course, one can always vote for the 3rd party candidate that has no hope of winning (I guess that's democracy for you!)

Yikes, guess I'm jaded as well.