Will this shrink my stomach??

Bloom

if you eat good foods for snacks(nutrient dense raw foods that have lots of fiber and are pretty low in calories) they should keep you from wanted big meals...it works for me...bananas are the cure to all the worlds ills

For me I have to cut down on sodium, eat small meals (generally this means grazing during the day) and finally if I eat totally raw food through the day my stomach is flat within 48 hours.

Back the the original question, yes it will help.

Hi there SeaSiren... would you please give me an example of what you eat to achieve this? I am converting to raw slowly but would greatly value a defined daily eating example.

thank you!

Hi there SeaSiren... would you please give me an example of what you eat to achieve this? I am converting to raw slowly but would greatly value a defined daily eating example.

thank you!

When I am eating raw, low sodium, in preparation for something I am afraid my days look very much the same...I'm not one for variety.....in food anyway.

AM - grapefruit, water

Mid-AM -banana

Lunch - huge salad with in season veggies topped with raw sunflower seeds, and basil olive oil dressing, water or green tea (seeped at room temp)

Mid-Day -raw veggies, such as carrots or celery, may add a raw guac dip.

Dinner -any raw veggies (grazing) or raw un-stir-fry or stuffed raw portabella (potabella stuffed with avacado, onion, & tomato).

Late Snack - raw nuts and generally organic wine -no sulfites added

My diet now looks like that, except I am eating a whole foods, cooked dinner, and not watching the sodium as much right now.

When my new site is complete, VegFit.com, I will have a variety of meal plans according to the goal which will have a variety of foods to choose from.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

you could also try staying away from too many starchy things: pasta/potatos/breads.... we tend to eat too much of these things, and they end up expanding once in your stomach from absorbing water/acids, which causes your stomach to expand.... with an expanded stomach you think you are hungrier more often and need more to fill a bigger hole.

try making more green smoothies. very filling - but digest easy and don't expand.. plus it will increase your energy!

..... and you may need more tp!

• 2 weeks later...

I eat 6 times a day. I wouldn't say I have a flat stomach, but it's flatter than a lot of the folks around me! My biggest meal of the day is dinner. It should probably be breakfast, but I start work in the morning so it's easier to cook at night.

I'd like to try the raw food stuff for a day! Guac and raw portabellos?! Can't go wrong with that.

• 2 months later...
most normal people cannot eat 6-8 small "meals" a day.

Due to their lifestyle? Or other reasons?

Work schedules.. meetings.. un planned events.. & activities..

hmmm, i disagree, i think i would put it as "most people have nutrition on the lower end of their priorities" not in a negative sense but in a sense that when it comes to preparing for exam for school or a presentation for work vs. spending an extra hour preparing food for the next day, most would choose the former. however, it is possible, if one is highly motivated to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
most normal people cannot eat 6-8 small "meals" a day.

Due to their lifestyle? Or other reasons?

Work schedules.. meetings.. un planned events.. & activities..

hmmm, i disagree, i think i would put it as "most people have nutrition on the lower end of their priorities" not in a negative sense but in a sense that when it comes to preparing for exam for school or a presentation for work vs. spending an extra hour preparing food for the next day, most would choose the former. however, it is possible, if one is highly motivated to do so.

Try working in Consulting or any profession that involves a lot of things like:

- Unplanned meetings

- Fire fights

- Traveling

and tell me..

Its easy to talk. If someone in Consulting can show me that.. I'll call them to find out how they do it.