Telangiectasia, anyone??

exciton

In the world of bodybuilding, vascularity is highly valued. However, the term does not refer to the permanent and rather unsightly dilation of the smaller superficial veins commonly referred to as "spider veins" or "spider telangiectasia"! Unfortunately I have witnessed the appearance of several short linear or slightly branched telangiectasies on my trunk and legs within the last couple of years. Given that the phenomenon is more common in women than in men, of course I am led to speculate the reason for the occurrence of these pathological changes. There could be a genetic component, but I am wondering if a high intake of phytoestrogens (especially the isoflavones from all my soy shakes) could have had an effect. So I would like to hear if any of you guys have had similar experiences?

I seriously doubt it since I used to travel to asia regularly(where everyone eats tons of soy) and rarely(actually I don't think ever) saw spider veins on anyone...even the fare skinned. I tend to see them on white women over 50 more than anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I only need the plane ticket...since I'd be happy to start in Denmark...wait a minute...I don't think my girlfriend would be too happy but maybe I could travel with her and take my count without her noticing

You are very welcome, and by all means bring your girlfriend. If you do the statistics on females, it seems reasonable that your better half does the statistics on males

Actually I only need the plane ticket...since I'd be happy to start in Denmark...wait a minute...I don't think my girlfriend would be too happy but maybe I could travel with her and take my count without her noticing

• 3 weeks later...