English Premier League Soccer

JW

• 2 months later...
Nope...give me league two any day!

Isn't that the Hooligan's league??

They're in all the leagues - the Premiership clubs have many notorious hooligan firms - Chelsea, West Ham etc etc. You just don't hear so much about it these days, with the 're-branding' of football as a middle-class spectator sport with billions of pounds of Sky TV money and what not, it's gone more underground and away from the stadia now.

I've watched Stafford Rangers a couple of times for the first time in fifteen years or so now they're back in the Conference. 14 quid to sit in a stand and watch - daylight robbery if ever there was.

Nope...give me league two any day!

Isn't that the Hooligan's league??

They're in all the leagues - the Premiership clubs have many notorious hooligan firms - Chelsea, West Ham etc etc. You just don't hear so much about it these days, with the 're-branding' of football as a middle-class spectator sport with billions of pounds of Sky TV money and what not, it's gone more underground and away from the stadia now.

I've watched Stafford Rangers a couple of times for the first time in fifteen years or so now they're back in the Conference. 14 quid to sit in a stand and watch - daylight robbery if ever there was.

I remember years back... seeing a documentary about Millwall's fans.

Probably the line I remember the most was a rival fan saying.. "I love to go to Millwall for a good pissup and a fight!"

Has it gotten better over the last decade?

Yep, some people here live and sleep for their football team.

I don't think all these books are making more football fans fight, but they are making a lot of publishers and ghost writers pretty rich. I haven't read any of these books but I know they are very popular and a lucrative niche.

• 3 months later...

Drogba has been great this year!

I was expecting much more from Schevchenko though.

I wouldn't hate Chelsea so much if they had a different mangaer.....

Maurinho is such a jerk!!!!!!!!!!

Drogba has been great this year!

I was expecting much more from Schevchenko though.

I wouldn't hate Chelsea so much if they had a different mangaer.....

Maurinho is such a jerk!!!!!!!!!!

You're absolutely right about that. Jose is an ass. There's no bigger fan of Jose Mourinho than Jose Mourinho.

He's a heck of a manager; it would be nice if he just kept his mouth shut and worried about his team.

Schevchenko might be losing it a bit. He used to be brilliant, but maybe age is catching up with him. His only contribution in the match yesterday was two offsides.

And Drogba is the man!! It would be nice if he didn't flop so much (especially considering that he's usually the biggest guy out there), but he was brilliant this year.

Your boy Ronaldo is terrific. It's scary to think how good he can be considering he's so young.

Thierry Henry is my guy though. When he's healthy, there might not be a more brilliant shotmaker in the world right now. Oh, and Ronaldinho isn't bad either.

Only 2 hours away from Liverpool v Chelsea in the second leg of the Champions League. I'm pumped.

I'm heading home so I can catch the first half on ESPN Deux.

Chelsea have some good players out as Ballack and Shevchenko are injured.

But we still have Drogba!

A guy in my office is a huge Liverpool fan, so we're having some fun at each other's expense today. If the 'Pool wins, I'll wear red for the next week (which wouldn't be so bad -- I'm a closet Liverpool fan).