good news!

dale

last year, when i went veg., all the guys i lived with were still omnivores. But, as of two days ago, we are ALL vegetarians/vegans (2 and 2). just thought i'd share the good news and spread a little optimism. i hope this brightens some days!!

well, last year (fall 05-spring06) i/we debated/talked about vegetarianism nearly every day. one friend got into caring about animals over the summer of 06 and went veg on the first day that we moved in ( fall 06). the discussions dwindled a bit at the start of the year (fall 06) , then it became a very hot topic again (the final debate ended up a in very dirty little quarrel between the one i tried most to persuade last year and myself). anyway, about 20 minutes after the big argument, the guy just up and threw all the meat he had in the trash and went from there. so, that made two. the last to go just stopped me on campus a few days ago with "i have some news you're gonna be really excited about...," and he's been veg. since then. the site has been a great help; my getting bigger and stronger AFTER going veg. has surely erased whatever doubts there were about not getting enough nutrition w/out meat. i really credit all those guys, though, for their decisions. all three are very bright, and although it took a lot of time for the message to sink in, as it were, they were ultimately the ones who made the right choices.

we all go to texas a&m, and while i'm not sure how excited my roomies would be about being activists, i was thinking about starting some kind of informational group about veggieism that could let people know what our eating habits are doing to the earth and animals. i also like to be involved in my church back home, so i'm hoping that they'll let me give out some flyers or something. if any of yall have ideas about either of these two things, please let me know. thanks for all the support guys, and keep up the good work!!

I'm hoping to get some sort of veggie/vegan organization started at my school as well. Mainly an informational group, and not necessarily a full out AR one as that might turn away some cool people.

I do wanna put a sign on the milk machine in our school that shows how cows are REALLY treated. The damn thing has these smiling cows on it in a grassy pasture. Biggest pile of bullshit ever. Grrrr. Hulk smash.