bulk up challenge!

dale

i hope a few are interested!! if anyone wants to start from november-march(ish), we could track our progress through the bodybuilding world-renowned bulking season. i think it'd be fun to keep each other accountable and push others who want to gain big to EAT BIG. we could track bodyweight, lifts, measurements, etc.... if this is a bad idea and no one joins, i won't feel bad, so don't just humor me and write in numbers lol.

I'm in!

I managed to gain really well this time last year. I am currently at 120kg/264lbs and would like to be 125kg/275lbs in 4months time.

My current lifts are squat 160, bench 135 and deadlift 225 (all kg). I would like to increase this to 175/140/245.

It's funny that this thread came up as me, daywalker and buzz had already planned to have a crazy eating day on Saturday. My aim is 8000cal (previous pb 6700 - though this is quite easy and I've done it a few times).

Jonathan

Wow, nice calories! My PB is about 5,500. I'll try to up that soon. I also look forward to bulking when some projects are over. Yesterday I was busy 17 hours without a break but I still made it to the gym before bed.

All the best to everyone, let's all G.R.O.W. !

8000 Calories!!

I haven't really been counting my calories just eating a lot. My lifts are obviously in my training journal. I am making good strength gains.

I guess I am starting from a lower point than most on here, but without some scales I don't know where I am currently. I guess I also don't know what is realistic...Jonathan you said I should be looking at 1 - 1.5 kg per month so I guess that.

Need to buy a set of scales.

I think you guys need some eating lessons,

I have racked up many a day in my past where I have been around the 10,000 calorie mark... I just ate all day

I'm trying to go the other way, as bulk doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment and I keep popping open the buttons on my shirts...

I would also try to bulk up but I’ll finish my studies this spring and I dunno know how this will affect my training routine. Besides that I’m a bit confused about the calorie intake. I think it is a very individual thing and the body will habituate over time so normative states are a bit problematic. I guess my intake was about 2000 kcal a day (to less I know) and my bodyweight was stable around 72 to 74kg. I’m trying to gain some weight right know and I have absolutely no idea how much cals I individually need to bulk up. I’m a bit scared to increase my intake up to 4000 or above because I think this will mainly affect my belly and less my muscles. I've increased my intake already but I dunno count my total calorie intake (maybe I should?). Any suggestions or experience values?

I think you guys need some eating lessons,

Say that to VeganPotter if you ever meet him in real life.

I'm definitley in. I have no actual set goals for how much I want to put on, but I'll definitley join in on the encouragement and let people know how I'm doing.

I'm about 150 now...I got up to 160 right after the summer shape up contest (early October)...but then I went on this meditation and fasting retreat a few weeks ago (didnt eat for 3 days....yikes!) and lost 10 pounds.

steadily gaining back that weight.

long term goal to get to 175. seems like a healthy weight for me given my frame. Probably gonna take another 12 months to get there minimum.

funny enough...my body puts on fat easily, but muscle very very slowly. I must have the most "efficient" metabolism on the planet! So I gotta be careful not to just pig out as well....

I average 6000 cal a day, but have never exceeded 6700. So my eating is fairly consistant.

Jonathan

what type of foods are you eating to get in that many calories? Any issues with gaining fat/water weight?

I eat alot of oats, in smoothie form. I consume this smoothie about 4-5times a day:

100g oats

1 medium banana

40g pea protein

20g oil (flax/rapeseed mix)

Water

Cinnamon

I find eating tedious, so I just drink mainly!

I have gained fat, but really not very much. I have gained 43kg (95lbs) in three years and I would say my bodyfat percentage has gone from about 8% to 14%, which is still lean considering I have never done a cut.

Jonathan

Right I discovered that my housemate has some scales.

I now weigh 167lbs.

(6 weeks ago I weighed 148!)

...okay so goals? So this is over the next 4 months Nov - Feb...and taking into account my initial quick gains are not going to be so easy to maintain, I reckon for 190 lbs by end of Feb.

My long term goal I guess that I view as achievable is 210 lbs...if I make that relatively easily, maybe I'll try to catch Jonathan.

Haha! I'm a moving target mate! I'll be around 270lbs by February, so you have a little way to go

Jonathan

do you have any before/after pics of your weight gain and transformation? pretty impressive to hear a 95lb gain!

I'll settle for 25lbs!

Yep.

This is me on my 19th birthday, just over three years ago with a bodyweight of 77kg:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/bob280784/meprevegan.jpg

And this was taken on Friday, with a bodyweight of 120kg:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/bob280784/PB100010.jpg

Jonathan

it's good to see all the replies/interest!

as for me, i'll be starting at 165 (i'm about 5'7). i hope to get up to at least 180 by march 1st. also, it'd be cool if some of us could post before and after pics.

here are a few tips for those looking to gain weight:

Try:

--eating 20 kcals per pound of bodyweight per day

--eating 5-7 meals, spread throughout the day

--getting 5-10 grams of creatine/day (post-workout if 5g, and split pre and post workout if 10)

hope this keeps GROWING!!