Can I come visit you?

loveliberate

Hola Tod@s!

I spend a good deal of time daydreaming & reseaching about traveling & exploring places both far & near, meeting cool folks & visiting old friends + stuff like that. Realistically, due to time & cash constraints, I dont get to travel anywhere near as much as I'd like to. When I do get to travel, it's likely to mostly be here in Cascadia but who knows?!

Anyway, I'm always looking for suggestions of places to visit - or at least to daydream about & research visiting.

Ideas?

Edited by loveliberate

I hear you, it has been so nice hanging out with so many forum members over the past months. I work very hard to build this community to provide opportunities like we've had. I'd like to perhaps do some traveling with you when things slow down for me too.

We could even map out a trip this spring or summer and hit up forum members all along the way.

Just an idea.

It is very cool that we have so many people on here who like to do the same. Daywalker had one heck of a summer and saw so much and did so much. That must have been an amazing experience.

As far as places, I can't suggest any right now. I'd like to go to South America sometime. Realistically, a trip around the US visiting forum members would be pretty cool in the summer.

Well you are always welcome here.

Neighboring the Atlantic Ocean just South of Delaware is the city Ocean City, Maryland. Called the East Coast’s #1 Family Resort with 10 miles of wide clean beaches. The possibilities here are endless with amusement rides, scenic cruises, jet skiing, parasailing, surfing, scuba diving, canoeing, kayaking, or just strolling the boardwalk.

For those wishing to venture out in the surrounding areas, there is golfing, shopping, and over 160 dining choices to please the entire party. Assateague Island to the South is a protected National Seashore and National Wildlife Refuge.

http://www.piratescuba.com/images/entranceoc.jpg

http://www.travelhero.com/commonImages/destinations/oceancityMD.jpg

http://p.vtourist.com/1478529-The_Four_Amigos-Assateague_Island.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/DSCN1157e.jpg

If you consider Houston a vacation destination, you're welcome here.

Also check out this site that I just discovered last weekend via a myspace friend:

http://www.couchsurfing.com

Awesome site!! Search for keyword "vegan" or check out the vegan/vegetarian groups on there, free accomodations worldwide.

My plans for next summer, if all goes as planned, involve a nice long roadtrip. I plan to move out of town for school next summer anyway - so I'll probably take the trip after I move out of my current place and before I move into the new one, so I'll be homeless with no bills. No set itinerary yet, but I know I'll be hitting the California/Oregon coast, Eugene, OR and Vancouver, BC to visit friends/family.

I can't wait - I'm overdue for some travelling!

robert,

I'm definitely down for traveling with ya sometime amigo - a Cascadian roadtrip at a minimum! Meeting up with forum-friends along the way would be a necessity and a joy.

Wait...

Hold on...

A vision is coming to me...

A vision of our merry horde traveling around doing Vegan Fitness movie nights & meeting up with cool vegans everywhere we go. They feed us nice food at fun parties after the movies & show us around their communities the next day.

Yes, of course I see that there will be plenty of flexing & posing too Robert!

South America would also be great - I'd esp. like to see Argentina someday. I've heard that Costa Rica's awesome & pretty vegan-friendly as well.

SeaSiren,

It would be wonderful to meet you and visit your lovely corner of the world. I'm not too sure about Ocean City though...

Michelle,

Being totally honest: Houston holds next to no appeal for me - except to meet cool folks like you! Austin is much more my cup of tea but I doubt I'll be anywhere in Tejas anytime soon. Couchsurfing.com is a neat site - HospitalityClub.org is anouther great one to check out.

It's awesome that you are not only going to hit the road next summer but you are also planning to visit Cascadia! Do you have a school picked out already or is finding one you like going to be a part of your travels?

michaelhobson,

Pittsburgh is a possibility - though if ya'll aren't there, it will be considerably less attractive. A vegan rainbow kitchen tribe would be great but I dont see myself making it to a TX/OK gathering...

Odidnetne,

Philadelphia would be cool. From online photos, Matamoras looks like a pleasant small town with nice scenery around the area.

pelicanAndrew,

Hmmm, Decatur is between here & out east....

offense74,

Sweden seems very nice & I'd love to meet you as well! My 4 year old saw yr photo & asked "Is that Fredrik?" - it must be the Swedish Troll/Fairie/Pippi vibe!

Odidnetne,

That seems like a pleasant area being in the mountains with all of the parklands around, etc. If you are not so into Matamoras, do you know where you would prefer to live instead?

FormicaLinoleum,

I passed through Baltimore once and checked out the downtown - it was a lot more pleasant than I'd expected... If I ever make it to the UK, I'll be sure to get in touch!

Thanks Harley! Maine is definitely a place I'd like to visit someday & Portland seems very nice.

Thanks Harley! Maine is definitely a place I'd like to visit someday & Portland seems very nice.

Maine is gorgeous! Michael and I spent a week with all of the girls camping on the ocean on Mount Desert Island. One week was far too short! The Bar Harbor/Mt. Desert Island area is supremely gorgeous - there you are on an island with the ocean surrounding you yet right smack in the middle of Acadia National Park - thunderhole, sandbeach, bar harbor, free solar powered shuttle service, Cadillac mountain, clearly listed vegan options on every menu at every restaurant, a local vegetarian co-op, homemade vegan soycream, a band in the park, a pizza shop/movie theatre serving tofu and soy cheese topping options, an organic farm where we purchased day-fresh produce...not far is also the Good Life Center - the homestead of Scott and Helen Nearing...

Highly recommended. I can't wait to go back - the family trip was lovely but I'd love to explore the island by foot and bike with Michael alone someday - or rather with any number of nature-oriented, free spirited, vegan hippies.

If you'd ever feel like going to Richmond(I doubt it) your more than welcome...its a good city to be vegan in but its pretty dull other than food and cycling

Well...I guess I can't say that anymore since my girlfriend checks the forum occationally(well maybe just once so far)...so I must say there is atleast one really lovely vegan lady in Richmond along with food and cycling

Odidnetne,

That seems like a pleasant area being in the mountains with all of the parklands around, etc. If you are not so into Matamoras, do you know where you would prefer to live instead?

I like the area, but what I meant was that there's no vegetarian restaurants or anything like that. I don't think it has the appeal of vegan cities and such, but for people who like hiking and stuff it can be a very nice area. I'm content with the land, just not the 45,999 other people who live in my County, that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

LL - you know you and the fam have a spot to stay if you're ever interested in a beachy vacation. Not too vegan-friendly 'round here, but we manage and have a bunch of super-nice vegan and veggie friends around. And the ocean is actually - get this - WARM for at least a couple months a year.