Who's planning on going to Vegan Vacation 2007?

sydneyvegan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try as hard as I can to make it, probably will be able to. I would much rather have it in portland. I am actually considering going to college in portland in 2008, so I'd like to get a look at the city. If it is in August, or any of the summer months, I will most likely be able to come.

Portland gets my vote. It makes more sense to me, as a large portion of the forum is from Portland, whereas if it was in LA, less people might show up.

Wow, it sounds like most people who have expressed interest all vote for Portland. It is an amazing city! And it would make the planning MUCH MUCH MUCH easier for me. And I know I'll be doing the bulk of the planning and organizing.

I'll start a poll and we'll see what we come up with.

Thanks for the feedback!

I know. I have so much to organize. I'm working on a VegFest right now for the spring that will have 1,000-2,000 people. Similar to the Vegan Holiday Festival, but a spring fest.

I'll work on the dates soon. I will begin making polls to find out who is going and what dates work best and we'll come to a decision soon.

I would guess sometime in the month of August. There is also a big Animal Rights Conference sometime in August in L.A. so I need to check the dates for that to make sure they don't conflict. Last year at AR2006 VeganEssentials, veganpotter, Seasiren and I were all there and it started the day after the Vegan Vacation.

We'll keep everyone updated.

I just read that AR2007 is in July this year. July 19-23 in L.A.

If that is correct, it opens up lots of possibilities for August.

I know the Euro Vegan Fitness Week is something in August, I think the 12-18th but I doubt many could afford to go to both. I did hope to attend that one this year in Amsterdam, but I'm not sure if I'd even be able to afford the trip and summers are super busy for me with Vega and Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness.

I'll start a new topic about dates soon.

I am most likely going to LA for AR2007 so if it coincides with that that would be cool,but since I live in Salem Portland will be good also . Is there a topic just about AR2007? I searched AR2007 and only this came up?

Hey, thanks for writing.

We have a whole new section for the Vegan Vacation 2007. I just left this thread hear for others to find, so I'm glad it worked!

We've decided to have it here in Portland, OR sometime in August (we're still deciding the dates).

AR 2007 is sometime in July, I believe the 19-23rd in Los Angeles. I plan on going too, and I'm sure a few others from this forum will be there as well.

So they won't be at the same time, as I thought they might be. We've decided against L.A. but Portland rocks so it will be great!

I'm also surprised there isn't much info online about AR2007. I'm not sure why many details haven't been posted. I did find their "official site" but it looked like it was still being worked on and it was under construction.

See you in L.A. AND Portland I hope!

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to AR2007. I will actually be there 17-23. I plan on site seeing and stuff (I have never been there). Since I live in Salem I can probably make it multiple days to the VV (July 28-August 6) even if I do not actually stay in Portland for it. Well assuming I have a vehicle by then which I should since I basically already have the money.

What's with all the shallow Los Angeles commentary? Do you believe everything you see on television?

Hiya!

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to - please clarify. In general and speaking for myself only, pretty much all big cities are on the bottom of my list of places to visit. I'd enjoy visiting LA someday & would love to hear from locals & others about what they like & dislike about the area. As for TV - Yes, ya caught me...

Edited by loveliberate

I had to go through and check it out as well. I think on page 2 and possibly 3 people mention L.A. as being dirty and out of control and stuff like that. I think it is just mentioned a couple of times.

I think Portland is the best match for Vegan Vacation, but L.A. has been on the ballot every year. Maybe in our 3rd year we'll end up somewhere other than Portland, maybe somewhere on the East Coast. Maybe the other Portland

Good! I'll be in L.A. in less than 3 weeks! I enjoy my time in L.A. I've just been a few times. This will be my longest stay (7 days).

Any suggestions for me? I'll actually be in Anaheim for 3 days working, but then 4 days where I'll be pretty free to explore around.

Oh man, where to begin?

To offer the best advice, I should first ask, what are you looking to do, e.g., sightseeing, outdoors stuff, visiting as many vegan restaurants as humanly possible, etc.? Also -- will you be alone and will you have a car?