Who's planning on going to Vegan Vacation 2007?

sydneyvegan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, I will be there...

By the way, the topic is great since it's starting to look like Mordor outside here now (i.e. dark and grey).

Robert talked about L.A. the last time I heard him talk about his plans for VV 2007. It sounds sunny and warm. I will think about that and have a few good dreams before I wake up to the darkness that is called november in Sweden.

Oh, and sydneyvegan how is spring in Australia?

After seeing the pictures and post about VV2006, I thought to myself, I am definitely there next year...

The plan at the moment (Fingers crossed, as a lot can happen in 9 months), is to visit friends in San Francisco and New York, then take in LA and Portland (One of my best friends here in Sydney is a Portland boy) so I have to check it out, plus it seems to be the vegan capital of the world.....

Bike rides, Hikes, hot springs, and sampling vegan junk food like donuts and vegan soft serve ice cream (hmmm I think you Americans call it Dairy Queen or something?)

I'll be bringing my not so secret receipe for Chocolate Crackles (Rice Krispie treats are similar apparently, but not as nice)....

Spring is not too bad Offense74, the typical mix of rain and sun... Winter this year was very mild, so most of the flowers and birds, started spring about 4 weeks early...

I really want to do Portland again because it is such an awesome vegan city, but I'm looking at L.A. to combine it with the Animal Rights Conference (since there will already be 800 vegans there). Organic Athlete will also most likely co-sponsor the Vegan Vacation.

I have so many big projects on my plate, I may leave the organization up to someone else, but just help out here and there.

We'll do our best to keep everyone up to date. We want to make it really big and successful, which is why joining 800 other vegans in L.A. sounds mighty nice! Then we can spend another 3 or 4 days after the conference and just chill on the beach and lift in the gym, explore around the city, etc. The conference is well worth the trip just on its own.

Yeah, it will be great to work with Organic Athlete. Bradley (the President) is a buddy of mine. We chatted on the phone last night and after all my major events are over we'll be meeting about our plans for 2007.

Just think of vacationing with 800-1,000 other vegans out in L.A.

Just give me the time, and I'll deliver

I'm just concerned about packing on another 20lbs...so I've gotta use Brad so I don't just hang out and have fun...hanging out...having fun and excercising is much better

I want the doughnuts too...but that doesn't mean I should eat them...of course I'm going to anyway...I have no idea how many but I'm sure I'll be very dissapointed in my self control at the end of the week

Just checked the prices. US Airways seems to be the cheapest, $745 from Stockholm (both ways) to LAX. It seems to be more expensive from Amsterdam (seems strange). Since there are REALLY cheap flights within EU maybe we can check out which airport will be the cheapest to fly from.

We'll work on it. I'm not sure how many projects I can keep taking on. I'm really burning out pretty quickly.

But I'll keep everyone updated or just hire or deligate people to do a lot of the organizing for me

I hope it happens and hope to seen hundreds of vegans out there

I doubt I'll be able to do it but if I get a job in a studio in Portland I'll consider getting a table to sell my work...I just wanna break even more than anything since it'll be nice to know that pretty much only vegans would be buying my work. Maybe they'll give me a deal since I'm a meager potter

• 1 month later...

Nice! I just got an e-mail from the President of OrganicAthlete today. He's a buddy of mine and he's thinking of having OA co-sponsor the Vegan Vacation.

I don't have dates or locations yet, but I'll try to get a small committee working on it soon.

Thanks for the update!

-Robert

P.S. I'm still thinking of Portland, OR or Los Angeles, CA

I'm also thinking of only having one "scheduled" event per day to allow lots of time for relaxing, hanging out, exploring, etc. It was pretty rushed and hectic last year, but we did some really cool stuff!