Support for Rob

Richard

Rob's under a lot of stress right now from the Vegan Holiday Festival event, working incredibly hard to get everything arranged. I thought I'd make a thread specifically for people to kiss his ass during this time where he is really pushing himself. The event is going to be huge, and no doubt it will be a success, but these last few days leading up to it will be a struggle.

I'd like to say thanks to him for doing it and working so hard, and also for involving me to whatever extent that I am capable of. I don't know him face-to-face, so I don't know specifically how he deals with stress and his situation, so I can't offer very specific advice on how to feel better. But I would imagine that he would benefit from thinking about his past successes like VBB and the vegan vacation, and other large things he has achieved, and realise that he is very capable and very powerful, and therefore, there isn't as much to worry about as he maybe thinks there is.

Keep it up Rob, it'll be worth it. And don't be afraid to ask for help

"He who hathest the biggest of hearts will be greeted as hero in the kingdom of Miramumba where he will be greeted withest maple syrup, 104 virgins and a playstaytion 3 athest his dispotial. Mirabumba will look upon him as a hero and he will be blessed with big forearms and shiny hair whilst he walks the earth. Mirabumba will not take lightly on those who apposeth him as they will be doomed to eternal suffering withest spirulina, dessert wines and Dick Cheney on amfetamin with a shotgun."

-- Miramumba sacred tales of truth, vers 145.

"He who hathest the biggest of hearts will be greeted as hero in the kingdom of Miramumba where he will be greeted withest maple syrup, 104 virgins and a playstaytion 3 athest his dispotial. Mirabumba will look upon him as a hero and he will be blessed with big forearms and shiny hair whilst he walks the earth. Mirabumba will not take lightly on those who apposeth him as they will be doomed to eternal suffering withest spirulina, dessert wines and Dick Cheney on amfetamin with a shotgun."

That was very funny - in a Loveliberate kind of way. Wait, are you two the same person?

ROBERT - You da man. No doubt. Thanks for all you do and keep up the awesome work. You're changing people's lives in a real way every day.

Wow, thanks Richard, and everyone else.

Richard works with me on projects so he has to listen (read) to my problems. I've had about 3-4 mental breakdowns, a few crying spells, some yelling and kicking outrages, and things that are not normal for me.

Last night davidtarrfoster finally got me to calm down a bit as I had about as much as I could take.

The reason behind this stress is because I'm organizing perhaps the largest Vegan-Specific gathering in North America, or perhaps anywhere, this time of year.

www.veganholidayfestival.com

I only had the idea 8-10 weeks ago and I'm taking on a project that normally would take a whole team 6-12 months to get ready for. I'm doing it all in less than 10 weeks because I feel it is something that is important and will be life changing for a lot of people.

I've already spent around $5,000 getting ready for the event (renting the venue, paying assistants, advertising, marketing, supplies, permits, paying speakers, etc.). I have many more expenses ahead of me.

Most people told me not to do this. I was discouraged by many because "there isn't time" and 2 weeks before the event (10 days from now) we completely sold out our exhibitor hall. Something nobody, ever, ever thought we we do. Some people are traveling 3,000 miles to attend.

This is by far the largest project I've ever done, and in a very short time. I haven't been myself lately, and some days I can't take anymore of the work, expectations, responsibility, etc. that comes with being in charge of this event.

davidtarrfoster tried to talk some sense into recently and others are concerned about my mental health (including myself).

Thanks for the support, I will really need it over the next 10 days. Sometimes I work 17 hours without any break or downtime. It just has to be done, for the sake of all that is at stake, and for how important it is that this event takes place and is successful.

More than anyone, I really have to thank Richard. He does all the website stuff, makes our flyers, our tickets, helps calm me down, etc.

I'm nobody and nowhere without the help of people like Richard, and events like this can't take place without that help and support.

Ok, I'm felling better now and don't feel the need to break something or go out searching for a confrontation.

Thanks

No way would I help that weirdo Robert with anything!

Just kidding of course. Robert, as always, I deeply appreciate all the great work that you are doing. And as always, just let me know what I can do to help - if I'm able, I'll do it. But I am worried that you are trying to do more than is healthy and sustainable for you as a person...

Edited by loveliberate

Thanks,

And I know I probably shouldn't express my struggles publicly (as I'm supposed to be some Iron Warrior) but I've really struggled over the past few months with non-stop projects.

I think I'll be fine, I'm trying to realize the overall importance of health, and I'm going to take breaks throughout the day. And this whole thing is over in 10 days and I'll hide out for a bit before working on the next big project

Thanks for the support, I'm a lot more fragile and delicate than post people know, but at the same time I think I'm strong and somewhat capable.

Ok, time to go eat.

Keep your chin up, Robert - it'll all work out well in the end and you'll have accomplished something incredible that you were told could not be done under the short time frame you're operating under.

My only complaint is that the short time frame didn't let me prepare to be able to get away to be there for the event! Nevertheless, I believe that you're going to have a great turnout and hopefully this will be just the start of many more wonderful things to come. I can't relate to even beginning to know how many challenges there are in setting up an entire event of this nature, but stay strong and I look forward to all the reports of how great of a time everyone has!

That was very funny - in a Loveliberate kind of way.Wait, are you two the same person?

No way, I would never take the name of Spirulina, the most high living algae in vain! Though I do have a book on Sweden in front of me... And I have been listening to a lot of Finntroll lately...

I'm a lot more fragile and delicate than post people know

Probably best to keep it that way Robert, mail carriers tend to be pretty harsh when they smell weakness...

Indeed! I was thrilled (of course!) and yet amazed that Robert found the time to send me a Vega care package after my last purchase from Food Fight! (Man, I LOVE those VEGA bars!!!) Thank You so much!!!

Robert, I think you are the glue that holds us all together here (a humble newbie pontification)

I continue to bow deeply in your direction and in your honor from my windswept rock in Central Oregon!

Namaste!

Thanks everyone,

I am working really hard. I am doing 3 nearly full-time jobs at once, many with deadlines and huge expectations.

As mentioned, this could be the largest vegan gathering during the holiday season in all of North America or anywhere. We have 100 volunteers, world renowned speakers including 6 authors, exhibitors traveling from near and far and we've completely sold out our venue to exhibitors!

We are going to have a tremendous impact on society and the environment this holiday season and there is a truckload of expectation, pressure and stress that comes with it. This is my event to succeed or fail and there is a lot on the line.

No breakdowns in the last 24-48 hours

A few of my good friends and some online friends I've never met in person, have really helped keep me calm and relaxed.

I met up with the most influential vegan person in Portland yesterday (Award-Winning Author and Award-Winning Restaurant Owner Bo Rinaldi of World Vegan Fusion Cuisine and Blossoming Lotus) and I feel more confident and comfortable about the turnout we expect (1,000-2,000) and the impact we'll have on everyone involved.

Now, it is crunch time. Only a week away and a ton of work left to be done.

Thank you for all the support. I haven't had a "break" in 2 years due to my relentless persuit to put Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness on the map and in the eyes of people in mainstream media. I also love building a strong vegan community and work very hard at that.

I'm going to take a mini-vacation when this Vegan Holiday Festival is over

Anything to avoid Dick Cheney!!!! Lol!