NBA

JW

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the heat can play well benching Shaq as much as possible he'll be good to play as well as ever in the playoffs...he just can't handle the long season and the playoffs...I say the play him 35 minutes a game in the first half of the season and maybe 10minutes a game in the second half. This way they can win...I'm not a fan of the heat or anything but I think they've still got the best shot...I'd love to see Labron James take it with his team but I don't think they're quite ready yet

I don't know about Shaq....

Yao Ming made him look pretty old and ordinary last night (except for that elbow to the head of course )

If the heat can play well benching Shaq as much as possible he'll be good to play as well as ever in the playoffs...he just can't handle the long season and the playoffs...I say the play him 35 minutes a game in the first half of the season and maybe 10minutes a game in the second half. This way they can win...I'm not a fan of the heat or anything but I think they've still got the best shot...I'd love to see Labron James take it with his team but I don't think they're quite ready yet

He's just a little worn...he just needs to sit on his butt for a while. I'm assuming he's spending too much of his energy cheating on his wife...maybe he'll dumb that down a little at the end of the season

What if you had to be Shaq size???

then you would need customized Laborghinis (or a hole in the roof)

just heard Shaq is out with a minor injury.

I wouldn't wanna be Shaq either...I just want his money so I can open a million vegan businesses and get a Lamborghini in every color

They probably are but I think they can get pretty far without Shaq at all...I just don't think they can go all the way unless they can get him for at least 25 minutes a game later in the playoffs

I still wish the kept Rasual Butler a few years ago...he's a good guy. I hung out with him a fair bit when I was going to LaSalle with him...not a really big guy but he's good at playing guard, switching to foreward and even filling in as an extra center

• 1 month later...

Wow !!

Can you believe all the injuries this year???

Some people are calling for a shorter season (less games / same length of season) to lessen the injury impact.

I can't remember seeing so many big name players out with injuries

Here you go

I tried to bold the more notable players.

NBA Injuries from The Sports Network

* - new information since last transmission.

ATLANTA HAWKS - *Forward Marvin Williams (1/12, sore foot) is probable for Friday's game against Detroit. *Center Zaza Pachulia (1/12, sprained left ankle) will miss Friday's game against Detroit. *Guard Speedy Claxton (1/12, left knee) will miss Friday's game against Detroit. *Guard Tyronn Lue (1/12, strained groin) is expected to miss Friday's game against Detroit. Forward Josh Smith (12/26, hernia surgery) is out indefinitely.

BOSTON CELTICS - *Forward Brian Scalabrine (1/12, sprained MCL in right knee) will miss Friday's game against Toronto. Guard Tony Allen (1/11, torn left ACL and MCL) will miss the remainder of the season. *Guard Delonte West (1/12, sore lower back) is doubtful for Friday's game against Toronto. Forward Wally Szczerbiak (1/10, swollen knees/ankles) will miss at least one week. Guard Paul Pierce (1/10, stress reaction in left foot) is out indefinitely. Center Theo Ratliff (1/5, to undergo lower back surgery) will miss the remainder of the season.

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS - *Guard Raymond Felton (1/12, sprained left ankle) is probable for Friday's game against New York. *Forward Melvin Ely (1/12, strained right calf) is doubtful for Friday's game against New York. *Forward Gerald Wallace (1/12, separated right shoulder) is expected to miss Friday's game against New York. Guard Brevin Knight (12/30, abdominal surgery) will miss at least four weeks.

CHICAGO BULLS - *Forward Malik Allen (1/12, strained left calf) is questionable for Saturday's game against Memphis. Center Martynas Andriuskevicius (1/6, concussion/minor skull fracture) will miss the remainder of the season.

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - No significant injuries.

DALLAS MAVERICKS - *Center Didier Ilunga-Mbenga (1/12, nose) is probable for Friday's game against Indiana.

DENVER NUGGETS - Forward Carmelo Anthony (12/18, 15-game suspension) will be eligible to return on 1/22 against Memphis. Forward Kenyon Martin (11/15, right knee surgery) will miss the remainder of the season.

DETROIT PISTONS - *Guard Chauncey Billups (1/12, strained right calf) is expected to miss Friday's game against Atlanta. *Guard Lindsey Hunter (1/12, sore right Achilles) is expected to miss Friday's game against Atlanta.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - *Guard Keith McLeod (1/12, strained abdominal muscle) is expected to miss Friday's game against Miami. Guard Jason Richardson (12/31, broken bone in right hand) is expected to miss 6-8 weeks. Forward Zarko Cabarkapa (12/26, back surgery) is out indefinitely.

HOUSTON ROCKETS - *Guard Bonzi Wells (1/12, sore lower back) is doubtful for Friday's game against Denver. Center Yao Ming (12/24, fractured bone under right knee) is expected to miss at least six weeks. Guard Bob Sura (11/10, right knee/back) is out indefinitely.

INDIANA PACERS - Center David Harrison (1/6, sprained left shoulder) is out indefinitely.

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS - *Center Chris Kaman (1/12, sprained right ankle) is questionable for Saturday's game against Cleveland. Center Zeljko Rebraca (11/3, pinched nerve in lower back) is out indefinitely.

LOS ANGELES LAKERS - *Guard Kobe Bryant (1/12, strained left groin) is probable for Friday's game against Orlando. Center Kwame Brown (1/2, sprained left ankle) is out indefinitely. Forward Lamar Odom (12/13, sprained right MCL) is expected to miss at least one month. Center Chris Mihm (11/14, right ankle surgery) will miss the remainder of the season.

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES - *Forward Brian Cardinal (1/12, sore left knee) is questionable for Friday's game against Minnesota. Forward Lawrence Roberts (12/11, right knee surgery) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Guard Kyle Lowry (11/22, broken left wrist) is out indefinitely.

MIAMI HEAT - *Forward Antoine Walker (1/12, conditioning) is probable for Friday's game against Golden State. *Forward James Posey (1/12, conditioning) is probable for Friday's game against Golden State. Forward Wayne Simien (11/30, salmonella infection) is out indefinitely. Center Shaquille O`Neal (1/11, left knee surgery) is expected to miss at least another week.

MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Guard Maurice Williams (1/10, sprained left shoulder) is expected to miss 2-3 weeks. Guard Michael Redd (1/8, strained patellar tendon in left knee) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Forward Charlie Villanueva (1/8, right shoulder tendinitis) is expected to miss at least one week. Forward Bobby Simmons (12/18, surgeries on right ankle/heel) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES - *Guard Marko Jaric (1/12, sprained right thumb) is questionable for Friday's game against Memphis. Guard Rashad McCants (1/11, right knee surgery) is out indefinitely.

NEW JERSEY NETS - *Guard Marcus Williams (1/12, strep throat) is questionable for Saturday's game against Minnesota. Center Nenad Krstic (12/23, left knee surgery) will miss the remainder of the season.

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - *Guard Bobby Jackson (1/12, cracked ribs) is expected to miss Friday's game against Washington. Guard Chris Paul (12/29, sprained right ankle) is expected to miss at least four weeks. Guard Peja Stojakovic (12/18, lower back surgery) is expected to miss at least two months. Forward David West (12/21, right elbow surgery) is out indefinitely.

NEW YORK KNICKS - *Center Jerome James (1/12, flu-like symptoms) is questionable for Friday's game against Charlotte. Guard Steve Francis (1/2, right knee tendinitis) is out indefinitely.

ORLANDO MAGIC - *Forward Trevor Ariza (1/12, sprained MCL in right knee) is expected to miss 6-8 weeks. *Forward Hidayet Turkoglu (1/12, illness) is questionable for Friday's game against the LA Lakers.

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS - *Center Steven Hunter (1/12, personal) is questionable for Friday's game against Milwaukee. Forward Shavlik Randolph (12/1, left ankle surgery) is out indefinitely.

PHOENIX SUNS - No significant injuries.

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS - *Forward Travis Outlaw (1/12, sprained right ankle) is questionable for Friday's game against Sacramento. Forward Darius Miles (11/14, right knee surgery) will miss the remainder of the season.

SACRAMENTO KINGS - *Forward Corliss Williamson (1/12, sore back) is questionable for Friday's game against Portland.

SAN ANTONIO SPURS - Center Francisco Elson (12/28, small tear in right rotator cuff) is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

SEATTLE SUPERSONICS - *Center Danny Fortson (1/12, sore left knee) is doubtful for Friday's game against Utah. Forward Rashard Lewis (12/23, right hand surgery) is expected to miss two months. Center Robert Swift (10/27, torn ACL in right knee) will miss the entire season.

TORONTO RAPTORS - Forward Pape Sow (10/30, broken neck) is out indefinitely.

UTAH JAZZ - No significant injuries.

WASHINGTON WIZARDS - *Forward Michael Ruffin (1/12, sprained right foot) is doubtful for Friday's game against New Orleans/Oklahoma City. Forward Darius Songaila (11/2, back surgery) is expected to miss up to three months.