NBA

JW

How about those Warriors!!!!

What about the Bulls!!!

This reminds me of the late 80s early 90's both the Warriors and Bulls are good....where is Chris Mullen? Maybe we'll see the next coming of the Killer Cross-over.....Hardaway anyone?

Bill Cartwright and his funny free throws?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone watch the Mavs vs. Warriors game tonight? It was insane! It was probably the most entertaining basketball game I've EVER seen!

Incredible stuff. I was cheering for the Warriors the whole time. I'd love to seem them in the championship against the Cavs.....well, Suns vs. Cavs would be ideal, but I'm also really liking the Warriors too!

I don't care who makes it so long as James gives it to them. Its time he take over the NBA for good with his first of many titles.

Okay, I am writing the Mavs off now

what a shocker!!!!

Golden State wins it's final 5 games of the season to squeak into the playoffs (with a losing record) to beat the most dominant team in the NBA (based on regular season record) in Round 1.

We'll probably see a movie next year

This team is incredible to watch! I am officially on the Golden State Warriors Band Wagon!!!!!

They are just too much fun to watch to not like them. They have fun, love their coach, play as a team, get excited, have an extremely athletic group of guys and I just like them. I hope to see them battle Phoenix to 7 games before the Suns move on and beat the Cavs for the title in 7 games

• 2 weeks later...
So it's official.... Dirk is MVP

I'm not a fan of that decision

IMHO Nash is more deserving

Actually Nash isn't that valuable...just imagine the modeling gigs that he'll lose due to that gash on his nose

I'm a fan of Nash (Suns are my favorite team) but I think Dirk deserved the MVP. I don't think we can judge him based on one game or one quarter or even one playoff series. The MVP is for the regular season and he was incredible. His numbers were amazing, his team had the 6th best record in history, and he was the leader of the best team in basketball. He's also a 7-footer who shoots 90% from the free throw line!

The Mavs have some pretty good players so it's safe to say they'd do OK, perhaps even do well without him, but his numbers proved to be good enough to make him MVP this year.

Nash is very valuable.. I don't know where the Suns would be without him. It was close, but I think considering how well the Mavs did, it was fair to give the MVP award to Dirk.

Now let's hope the Suns can win back to back games and keep moving so they can meet the Cavs in the final as I predicted! It's still a long way away, but we can hope for that match up

We might have to agree to disagree on this one Robert.

I actually think that Kobe and Lebron also deserved it more than Dirk.

The MVP award has become a bit tainted lately.... more of picking the best player on the best team rather than the most valuable player to his team.

Dirk does have some great stats this year but he is also a pretty average defender. (some may say poor)

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Spurs are a much better team and will likely win But I have hope since the Cavs tend to give them lots of trouble.

I think he's ready to have his day...he just needs a few people to help out or simply be selfish. If Lebron gets them started and plays his butt off for the first two games to give them a lead...then takes it easy and loses two or maybe gets lucky and wins one...I think he can take them out on his own but I doubt this will happen. Lebron is too good a humanitarian to his team to do this.

I'm thinking the same thing if its for extended periods of time. But I think on any given day Lebron could score 40 on anyone...but maybe not the next day against a team like the spurs...but maybe if he recouperates well.

It may be over...I doubt the Cav's can beat the spurs 4x in a row which is what they may need to do. I think they have a 50/50 shot of winning the next two at home but if they lose one of them they have no shot at winning 4 at all.

Come on Cavs! You can do it! If you go back to page one or two you'll probably find me saying the Cavs will make it to the finals. I have been looking at a Suns vs. Cavs match up all season and I got close to having that as a reality!

Brent Barry (Spurs player) went to Oregon State University and as a kid I watched him play, so I like him. But aside from that.....Go Cavs!