Should we support cults that support animals?

Jabba

There are a few cults that support animals and vegetarianism for animal protection reasons (ie. 7th Day Adventists are not vegetarian for animal protection reasons, but Hare Krishnas are).

Suma Ching Hai http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Hai is one, but she only promotes lacto-vegetarianism and her followers don't seem to do much animal activism, at least not in the way PETA does. I've never seen a bunch of Ching Hai'ists marching in the street holding banners with gory images of foxes and yelling anti-hunt slogans.

Universelles Leben (in English: Universal Life) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Life seems to be much more activist-oriented (or should I say activism-oriented, or activist-oreintated?). They held a vigil for Bruno the bear and give away buttons with slogans like "Don't Eat Meat / Save a Life!", to name just a few examples. By the way, I hope some of you who are more knowledgable about Wikipedia and computer-language savvy than I can add more to that article, because as of now it is still a stub. It's also an orphaned article, meaning there are no links to it on other Wikipedia pages. There also is no link to the English page on the German, Hungarian, and Polish pages. It would be great if someone here is bilingual in German and English, and could translate some of the controversy sections into English, particularly as it concerns to the animal/veg aspect of U.L. One woman told me, I suspect, that U.L. maybe is not against eating cow's butter, but is against other animal products. I can't remember the reason; it was sort of illogical sounding. I couldn't really decipher what she was saying because her English grammar was poor.

I think it's valuable to support instances of activism / raising awareness of animal cruelty / animal rights. However, supporting the entire religion / cult is not necessariliy valuable or logical, given that they may well have other beliefs which I / other people may find unethical / illogical.