Howdy All

AndyBiker610

Hi everyone! My name is Andrew I'm from Bethlehem PA. I'm 18 years old and have been veg for a year and 8 months and vegan for a month. I found this site awhile ago and have been combing through it for tips on stuff. I finally decided to join the forum. I have yet to start lifting, I've been trying to get my upper body into shape with push ups and sit ups everyday. As of right now I am 5 foot 7 inches and 147 pounds. I dropped 20 after I went vegetarian. I still have fat deposit on my stomach and chest, basically man boobs to be frank. I was hoping that this forum could help me even more then the site has already. My legs are fine seeing that I ride everyday to and from work and wherever I want to go after that. Since I've told so much already I'll share my goals too. I want to top out at 175, although I wouldn't mind looking like rob in his non competion diet photo when he was close to 200. Either way I want to get bigger, so any help would be great. Sorry that was such a long winded introduction, but I love to talk.

Hey Andrew!

Thanks for joining us! I know we have lots of people lurking and reading and learning and it is great when they register and start posting questions/commments etc. And it expands our network so we can find other vegans/vegetarians in our area.

Thanks for the comments too. I'm trying to get back to my 200-lb frame with more strength and size. I'm still competing this year so I stay lean, as you maybe saw in recent photos. But then I'll adjust my training and nutrition programs to add a bit more fat and muscle over the cold winter months.

So you are from PA..........anywhere near the Poconos? I've got a good buddy over there, an awesome vegan guy, and he's on this site too. VII Hero or something like that is his screen name. We know him as Topher. He has one of the most popular vegan physiques out there.

Andrew, ask questions anytime. We have some experts on here and people from all different athletic backgrounds to help you out.

Thanks for introducing yourself, I look forward to getting to know you via the forum.

-Robert

Welcome Andrew and thanks for joining! Glad to hear on the gains that you have made so far and good luck! You are the youngest on the board to my knowledge (thanks for taking my spot...grrr..hah). If you have any questions, feel free to address them here.

Hi Andrew!

Welcome to the board

I've been trying to get my upper body into shape with push ups and sit ups everyday.

Reminds me of myself

Befor4e i started BB at age ~18, i'd been doing push ups and sit ups everyday for a year or so, too. It's not the worst way to start training The key (as always in BB) is progression. Try to improve everytime and you'll get good results.

I dropped 20 after I went vegetarian.

Don't worry, you'll get them back, but this time in high quality

I was hoping that this forum could help me even more then the site has already.

I'm sure it will Feel free to ask

Greetz,

Daywalker

We're are an advocate for alternative transportation( ie. buses walking and biking). We provide bikes and bicycle maintanence to anyone who comes in. We are an entirely volunteer organization. We also run Park Tool classes and Road one classes for people who want to learn to fix their bikes and use them as a primary form of transportation.

www.car-free.org that tells more

That is really cool! And I know Topher will think it is awesome too. I think he's out of town this week so he hasn't been online much lately, but he's totally into alternative transporation.

Rock on man...........or ride on I guess I should say!