You know you've been working out too long when...

pelicanAndrew

1. You think you look sexier in your weightlifting belt than without.

2. You start wearing sleeveless shirts.

3. You start giving jocks advice on gloves/grips(not telling them that it's vegan of course)

4. You think of putting some vegan bodybuilding and fitness flyers in the window of the weight room(and by "putting flyers" i mean wallpaper the damn place)

...you say to your wife "we should take a family photo and use that as a holiday card" and she replies "great, where in the photo are you going to put your bike?"

(actual conversation from earlier today)

Hmmm...take away her yoga and see what she says then! By the way, where is Yogita keeping her gorgeous self?? Haven't seen a post from her in ages...or have I missed them?

...when you'll get your self out of bed at 3:45 a.m. to get your run in because of an early schedule.

...when you know those extra miles will be overtraining but you do it anyway

...when you must rest, but you can't.

...when you call it a night early 'cause even though you haven't been out in ages, you need to get your run on.

Hmmm...take away her yoga and see what she says then! By the way, where is Yogita keeping her gorgeous self?? Haven't seen a post from her in ages...or have I missed them?

True - she yogas just as much as I bike.

She's around - she checks in here every now and then but mostly hangs out on another forum related to women's health. And posts vegan recipes all over myspace. I'll tell her you were asking.

I find that I count things, like I count reps. Like when I am walking, I start counting my footsteps, or other irrelevent things, like if a light is flashing on and off on some equipment, I find myself counting it...

I find myself doing that as well! If I am doing things that I don't need to count (for the life of me I can't think of an example right now) I find myself counting anyway! I noticed myself doing this lately, but never tied it in to training.

I find that I count things, like I count reps. Like when I am walking, I start counting my footsteps, or other irrelevent things, like if a light is flashing on and off on some equipment, I find myself counting it...

I find myself doing that as well! If I am doing things that I don't need to count (for the life of me I can't think of an example right now) I find myself counting anyway! I noticed myself doing this lately, but never tied it in to training.

Yahr, it might not be to do with training, but I assumed it was, because I don't know where else counting things would have started. Maybe just an obsessional thing, but I don't remember doing it when I was younger, before weight training