Please welcome me because I am awesome

Richard

Hey dudes, I know you've all been anticipating my introduction so here it is. I am vegan because cruelty to animals is bogus, and I don't want to be a part of animal exploitation and murder. I've been weight training for a few years, and now I am trying to get into it hardcore to prove that veganism doesn't make you ill or weak, I want to be an example to other people, and make the most of what I have.

I like heavy metal, videogames, anime and stuff. I don't go out (to parties / pubs / clubs) much because people are generally very drunk or high on drugs, neither of which I am interested in. I am pretty much unemployed but do free-lance illustration when I can, and also help at a local recording studio from time to time as a producer / sound engineer. I also record my own stuff there which is awesome. This site rules, I've used it for a while, but haven't introduced myself before, so hello to everyone.

welcome richard, where ya from?

good to see you on the board.

what kinda weightlifting do you do, and what kinda weights do you shift?

jonathan

Hi dude. I'm from the East coast of England. At university I was heavily into weightlifting and went every day to the gym. At that point I was doing 15kg single-arm bicep curls and about 80kg bench press. I've always worked at around 10-12 reps, back then I didn't go much above or below that, so I dunno what I could do in a single rep. These days, my current goal is to lose the flab around my stomach to get more definition there, and then after that I will try to beef up, so right now I am doing high reps with low weights. I have limited stuff at home, I have a bench for presses and flies, and I have free weights for shoulders and biceps, and I have a pull-up bar. I have a slam-man who is great fun to use for cardio, although not sure how effective he is for weight loss. He holds my attention longer than biking or running though.

Thanks for your replies. I find it amusing that I joined this site before I was born apparently. I was able to do this using my Ninja Spirit which has been around since Japan was invented, and allowed me to pave the way for my physical embodiment, with things like joining up to appropriate forums.

Richard you play any computer games?

I play lots, they used to dominate my life. Right now I mainly play Tekken 5. Other favourites throughout history include: Ico, Manhunt, the Legend of Zelda series, Street Fighter series, Soul Calibur series, Counter Strike, Goldeneye 64, The Super Mario series, Half-Life, Bust-a-Move, Tetris, Metal Gear Solid 3, Devil May Cry 3, Burnout 3, Populous, the Grand Theft Auto series, Point Blank, the Bomber Man series, the Mariokart series, Halo 1, the Monkey Ball series, Resident Evil 2...

What do you play?

oh good god you live in yarmouth?

i have not been (have heard alot about it) though ive been several times to ipswich. i fucking hate it there - terrible for vegans, utterly flat and really the but end of england.

how do you manage as a vegan there?

i mean no offense btw! my girlfriend has friends in ipswich and she has to practically drag me there when we go!

jonathan

Hey Richard!

I've been at work all day and just got home and say your intro and already 10 replies before I could! So I am here to also say WELCOME!

Glad to hear you are awesome! I get that a lot too Just kidding, I don't get it too often

Anyway, I just logged and saw that in addition to your intro, you've posted 12 times while I was at work so I'll search around and find the rest.

Great to have you on the board, as I say to every new member, we have a great group of people here! Our group isn't real huge yet, we're still new, but it's nice, like our own little vegan family. I've made some good online buddies from this forum, lots of great friendly fitness competition too.

Take care buddy,

Robert

Richard you play any computer games?

I play lots, they used to dominate my life. Right now I mainly play Tekken 5. Other favourites throughout history include: Ico, Manhunt, the Legend of Zelda series, Street Fighter series, Soul Calibur series, Counter Strike, Goldeneye 64, The Super Mario series, Half-Life, Bust-a-Move, Tetris, Metal Gear Solid 3, Devil May Cry 3, Burnout 3, Populous, the Grand Theft Auto series, Point Blank, the Bomber Man series, the Mariokart series, Halo 1, the Monkey Ball series, Resident Evil 2...

What do you play?

Welcome Richard! Those are some mighty good games there, I got almost all you listed! You ever play ROMs online bro?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask mate. Enjoy your stay!

oh good god you live in yarmouth?

i have not been (have heard alot about it) though ive been several times to ipswich. i fucking hate it there - terrible for vegans, utterly flat and really the but end of england.

how do you manage as a vegan there?

i mean no offense btw! my girlfriend has friends in ipswich and she has to practically drag me there when we go!

jonathan

I don't actually live in Yarmouth, but a village nearby. The village I live in is okay, low crime rate and generally peaceful with lots of trees and grass etc. Yarmouth however is a dirty bumhole. I've not been to Ipswich much. Norwich isn't tooooooo bad. But yea this isn't the most fabulous place, espesh (especially) not for vegans. There are a couple of health food shops to buy vegan subsitutes from, and Sainsbury's is generally reliable in their labelling, so it's fine really. Sad that I never meet other vegans I guess.

Thanks for all the replies. When I was little, the popular games systems were spectrum / C64 / Amiga / Atari. I've stayed with games all my life, although these days I feel a bit seen-it-all-before and only play a game if it seems really high quality or new. Most stuff is really bland and there are other games I've played before which are basically the same, and it's no fun playing some churned out crap.

Welcome Richard, nice to see you here!

I have to say I loved Tetris, that was an all time fave of mine. Grand Theft Auto is pretty dang cool too!

I am so glad to see more and more people join this board. So nice to be in a community where people tend to think similarly!

:shock:

What's going on here?! Not on for a couple of days and tons of new people around

Hey awesome Richard! It seems we have some things in common - if i were awesome, too, i'd think we'd be twins

CU,

Daywalker

I imagine that you are at least partially awesome. I'll have the boys at the lab run up some numbers for you in the near future based on hair and nail samples that I extracted (got) while you were sleeping on Friday evening. Early indications are that you have the right genetic structure to accommodate awesominity.