squat issues

Gary

today i actually took some crappy vids of me doing squats. i made sure that i was going as deep as i possibly could. when i watched the video i noticed that my legs were only parallel to the ground at rock bottom. im pretty sure my form is right because i feel strong and comfortable while doing them. is this just my build? i noticed that if i go into a hindu type squat, i can go down until i touch the back of my calves. but i get no where near that in a regular squat.

i would put the video up but it is really bad quality, too dark to really even see(ancient digital camera).

i would have to see the video, but my guess is your knees are going forward over your toes. squat wide, real wide. push your knees out and your but backwards. you basically want to unlock your hips. box squatting would be a good start. you shouldn't have to got ATG to reach parallel.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you mean that you cant squat deep without your heels leaving the ground? In that case you need to stretch the calves, and maybe the hamstrings as well.

A nice way to stretch those muscles is to sit on a hip sled with a medium weight and perform calf raises with a long pause between the reps when your toes are being pushed up. Make sure to relax as much as possible so the foot/toes can really get pushed. It hurts during the stretch (as VeganEssentials can attest to) but when you get up from it everything from your lower back on down feels much better.

Regards,

Sensless