the future of milk marketing?

Trev

There seems to be a disturbing new direction in dairy advertising. I saw an article in the Globe and Mail newspaper about an ad agency winning an award for a chocolate milk campaign in Quebec. I can't help but wonder if we'll see more of this approach. Maybe it's me, but I found it a little on the sick side.

Here's the link to my blog about it:

http://www.veganunderground.com/debrief.html

You'll find the link to the campaign's website there.

That was a very good blog entry, Trev.

I agree with what you say about marketing; however, it really is just more of the same. The subliminal messages in advertising are what form the base of accepting violence (or whatever message) and eventually desensitization. It's the old McDonald's playbook rather than PeTA's. It's been going on forever with all marketing and it's part of why we buy the shit we buy, think the way we think, value what we value, and behave the way we behave -- all the way from infancy to old age.

Speaking of McDonald's, "Fast Food Nation" just came out, I think. I saw Roeper's critique and he made a quip about cows being "dumb" in one scene where some idealistic kids tried to set them free... It was obvious where he was coming from. If the movie portrays cows as dumb, those who want to believe that, will. I hope there is enough positive in it to spark some thought in the dead-minded.

I guess the mechantchoco campaign is more of the same kind of tactics. It just seemed so blatant to me. It's like they're waving the truth in our faces, then laughing at us because we're too dumb to see it, and realize it's killing us. By 'our' and 'us' I mean the general milk-consuming public, obviously. It kinda' irked me.

And thanks for the compliment, _raVen_, it's a real boost coming from peers, expecially since I'm still somewhat new to the vegan world. Cheers!