The JW Blog: thoughts from a manchild..........

JW

Oh my!!!!!

I do believe puberty has shown up in our household. (for my son , not me)

The moodiness is in full force.

Life is all about being cool.

School sucks.

These are the moments where you realize what your parents went through.

Maybe we could lock him in the basement with his PS2 for the next 4 years

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you were joking, but I think some parents (ones I know) really think that's a solution. The times from my childhood when I can remember getting along best with my folks were when we were playing soccer or tennis or running or whatever.

I know you were joking, but I think some parents (ones I know) really think that's a solution. The times from my childhood when I can remember getting along best with my folks were when we were playing soccer or tennis or running or whatever.

sad but true..... In reality, we are limiting the video/computer time in favour of outdoor activity but I know what you mean.

I find it truly incomprehensible that this occurs. Not only that the TV/computer/video game system is used as a babysitter, but also that in many cases the parents have NO idea of what their kids are watching or playing.

(I better stop now before this becomes an all out rant )

Oh, I can't wait. Great stuff to read! My son just turned three. He's pissed he only has 30 Thomas The Tank Engine trains. Oh, the simple things in life...

you just brought back some BIG memories for me!!!!

My son used to line up his Thomas the train pieces on his headboard and every night he would recite their names ...." Percy, Bertie, Thomas..... Hey....where's Gordon????" ...and we spend the next half hour searching the house so he can finally go to sleep.

And look at me now... sigh..........

(it's still pretty good though...just a wee bit more difficult)

My son used to line up his Thomas the train pieces on his headboard and every night he would recite their names ...." Percy, Bertie, Thomas..... Hey....where's Gordon????" ...and we spend the next half hour searching the house so he can finally go to sleep.
ROFL...EXACTLY! Thanks for sharing that...hehe

All this talk about Thomas makes me want to dig out the old tracks!

I'm sure that the diection of the play will change somewhat with my kids being a bit older.

I can see it now .... Thomas and friends being obliterated by armies of Orcs.

I'm sorry but I really can't stand Thomas...my little cousin got me sick of Thomas...and I'm sure my own kids in the future will do the same.

I'm sorry but I really can't stand Thomas...my little cousin got me sick of Thomas...and I'm sure my own kids in the future will do the same.

I bet you tell him there's no Santa Claus too!!!

No...thats one of the first things my kids are going to learn...the only thing I'll take time to break to them is that the Ninja Turtles aren't real turtles...they are people that have mutated instead of turtles that have mutated(as the cartoon states)

No...thats one of the first things my kids are going to learn...the only thing I'll take time to break to them is that the Ninja Turtles aren't real turtles...they are people that have mutated instead of turtles that have mutated(as the cartoon states)

My world has been shattered!!!!!!

Did you also know that your father is not Gordie Howe as thousands of Canadians once believed. Your father is actually a mix of the WHOLE Men Without Hats group

Well, I am off to the U.S.A. for the weekend.

(actually, just across the border in Grand Forks, North Dakota)

Nice to get away for a few days, do some shopping and enjoy some "veganpotter free" time

Looking forward to recharging the batteries a bit.

That figures...no wonder you guys did so bad during the Olympics for hockey. All the other teams had to do was make fun of the Canadians funny clothes(AKA the standard Mounty Uniform that all Canadians like to wear for national pride)

Did you loose National Pride when you guys elected your conservative Prime Minister??? I stopped wearing my American flag colored jeans, cowboy hat and spurs when Bush got put in.