The JW Blog: thoughts from a manchild..........

JW

Make sure you go in a low gear into the wind...if you pedal too slow with too much power you'll kill your knees...just trying to protect the elderly Canadians due to your failing healthcare system

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks (I think...)

now what about the sweaty issue?

If I ride tomorrow, I have a haircut appointment at noon. It will be warmer then and I'll probably sweat buckets.

I'm not too sure about taking a day off the bike already

Get a headlight, and blinking tail light. If you've got good roads(unlike here) you should be safe riding at night...here pot holes really jump up at you. This way you can squeese in extra riding time.

The ride home yesterday was better as the wind was down a bit.

Went for a 25 minute run last night and found that I went significantly further this time.

Maybe there is something to this musclememory stuff !!

Rode my bike again today. I'm feeling a bit tired and this will be a busy day. I have a haircut appointment at lunch which I will be riding to.

So I'll have 4 rides today!

I think I'll have to have a rest day sometime this weekend.

3 observations from my cycling/running program

1. It makes me tired

2. It makes me REALLY hungry

3. Cycling makes my bum hurt!

Yes I've been called a manchild many a time!

What can I say...... I like having fun and I absolutely love hanging out and playing with kids.

Quite often while attending a party, I'll spend more time with the kids than with the adults (unless of course there is another manchild in attendence)

Maybe it's Peter Pan Syndrome, maybe I just don't want to grow up but life is good

Good for you mate I am a kid at heart as well but I can't stand kids. I find them too loud and irritating (not their fault). I would appreciate them more if they had an ON/OFF button

Yes I've been called a manchild many a time!

What can I say...... I like having fun and I absolutely love hanging out and playing with kids.

Quite often while attending a party, I'll spend more time with the kids than with the adults (unless of course there is another manchild in attendence)

Maybe it's Peter Pan Syndrome, maybe I just don't want to grow up but life is good

Good for you mate I am a kid at heart as well but I can't stand kids. I find them too loud and irritating (not their fault). I would appreciate them more if they had an ON/OFF button

I think my wife would like ME to have an on/off button

Welcome to the forum veggieguy!!!!

Always great to have another youthful spirit here!

OMG !!!

just got back from the haircut and the wind was HOWLING right in my face on the way back!!! Nasty Nasty Nasty

Wierd, I've only been on the running/cycling program for 4 days but I already "feel" lighter.

I simply MUST keep focused!!!

Great...sounds good that everything is working out...however I can't imagine you lost that much weight getting a haircut considering your photo

Felt pretty tired last night after my ride home so I took it easy last night.

good ride this morning.

I'm going for a run tonight

My son is officially on girlfriend #3

Some of the mothers have organized a grade 6 grad dance so I'm sure the social scene is buzzing!

Well.... that photo was doctored a bit by our friend Richard

I really don't have a throwing star enmbedded in my forehead while Angelina Jolie caresses by head.

I thought that was a toupee Angeline was rubbing. I really don't consider her a violent person considering all she does for those less fortunate.

Well the story goes......

JW with a newly shaved head has drawn the attention of Angelina.

Richard, in a fit of jealous rage unleashes a flurry of deadly ninja throwing stars. JW is able to fend them off until he slips on a vega wrapper... momentarily throwing him off balance and catches a ricocheted star in the forehead.

Angelina is mortified and consles JW by lovingly caressing his newly shaved head.

Hope this clears up things for you.

Pretty decent weekend. Weather sucked but got in some good workouts.

I did take Sunday off due to fatigue but had a great 90 minute ride yesterday.

Rode the bike to work today in the rain and puddles....yuck!

I'm due for a run soon but I'm enjoying the cycling too much right now.

7 weeks to go in the contest!

I'm still very motivated but I have to watch that I don't overdo things.

In the past, I have had a tendency to overtrain and fall to some virus.

Apparently it was just pouring rain outside a half hour ago and I'm cycling home today. YAYYY!!!!

Time to suck it up JW!!!!

Save the drama for your momma!!!!

(sorry, I have a strange fixation on drill sergeants)

... I'm enjoying the cycling too much right now.

Ha...I knew it

As for Angelina what does your wife think about the situation. Also have you told you son he can't fantasize about your girlfriend.

... I'm enjoying the cycling too much right now.

Ha...I knew it

As for Angelina what does your wife think about the situation. Also have you told you son he can't fantasize about your girlfriend.

Well actually, I have a thing for Liv Tyler (but only with her elf ears on ... Lord of the Rings)

Now the ultimate would be Angelina ..with elf ears

The ride home last night was crazy!!!

rode in pouring rain into the wind!

I was completely drenched within about 3 minutes.

But...... it was actually enjoyable!!! (I'm a bit psycho that way)

I didn't bring the bike today because it is raining and is expected to rain through tomorrow. I think if I get the proper clothing I'd ride regardless of weather but it is just too complicated.

i miss the ride already though! This is all your fault veganpotter!!!!!!!!!

I worked out with the dumb bells this morning, 25lbs

2 x 12 shoulder press

2 x 12 bench

2 x 12 curls

2 x 12 shrugs

added in some pushups and crucnches

tonight I'm planning a run (unless it's pouring)

Weighed in for our Biggest Loser contest and I've lost 8.5 LBS since last week Monday. Gotta keep it going!!!!!

Your right about Liv Tyler...I always thought she was hott but she looks much better with the elf ears...I'm surprised she ever took them off. Anyway Angelina isn't a bad consolation prize.

Your right about Liv Tyler...I always thought she was hott but she looks much better with the elf ears...I'm surprised she ever took them off. Anyway Angelina isn't a bad consolation prize.

It's good to know that I'm not alone in my elf ear fetish