any fans out there?

3 games today!

Yeah, I'm watching Tampa bay-Dallas right now. Didn't know it was thanksgiving today so it was a pleasant surprise (I was going to watch some from one of the "taped" games from this weekend).

So far this year the channel that I watch football on haven't aired a Jets game. For shame!!

• 1 month later...

Some interesting playoff games on the weekend.

The Colts DO have a defence!!!

The Eagles eke out a victory

Patriots still look strong.

Seattle wins the pleasure of visiting Chicago .

Looks to be an interesting playoffs

Well I don't know about the Indy defense, Kansas offense pretty much sucked horribly.

Jets lost but it's ok, they barely made it to the playoffs anyway.

Chicago is going to win it if they don't freak out and become too nervous. Baltimore have a good chance too because of their defense.

The CFL (Canadian Football League) has a preety good overtime too.

Each team gets the same number of possessions from the same field location. The team with the most points wins.

Looks like some good games this weekend.

New England at San Diego

Indy @ Baltimore

Eagles @ New Orleans

Seattle @ Chicago

I'm going out on a limb and calling these winners

New England

Baltimore

Philadelphia

Chicago

(I wouldn't go betting on these)

Looks like some good games this weekend.

New England at San Diego

Indy @ Baltimore

Eagles @ New Orleans

Seattle @ Chicago

I'm going out on a limb and calling these winners

New England

Baltimore

Philadelphia

Chicago

(I wouldn't go betting on these)

I'll go:

New England (of course )

Balt

Philly

Chicago

Oh wait, I just agreed with you.

Go Pats! They are either just hitting stride now, or are going to have an inexplicably bad performance like they did last year against Denver. If they are hitting stride, they'll be pretty hard to beat. When Brady's on, it doesn't matter who he's throwing to - could be me and you as receivers and he'd still win.

I've finally forgiven the Patriots for their phantom tainted playoff win over the Raiders a few years ago.

I guess my Boston connection with my sister-in-law has softened my view.

I've always liked the Bruins and Red Sox. The Celtics are growing on me , and now (shudder...) I don't HATE the Patriots anymore.

Well finbarrio, we were 50% on our picks!

the conference finals are coming up with

New England @ Indianapolis

New Orleans @ Chicago

I'm going to have to think about this a bit....

My gut says Chicago and Indy though.

Ok, so Indy do have a defense...

NO looked really strong and played the funnest football of the 4 that are left. They also seem to have some kind of momentum that could go a long way. I think they can (and will) beat Chicago.

Indy looks stronger than NE so I'll go for them in the second matchup.

I'll go with the News - New England (of course) and New Orleans.

The Chargers should have won that game, but they got a little sloppy, which I was really surprised about. So that Pats end up backing into the Conf Champ game against Indy. Not to be Captain Obvious, but I think the Sports Gods will make this game come down to a field goal, and the result will be one of the following:

> Vinatieri hits it and shows his old team that they should have "showed him the money"

> Vinatieri misses it and we all learn a valuable lesson that greed and money can't buy happiness

> Gostkowski misses it and his team realizes that they should have shown Vinatieri the money

> Gostkowski makes it and the moment is heralded as the "passing of the guard" to the new king of clutch field goals.

I'm hoping on #4, but I'm not sure if my heart would be able to take it.

Even though the Pats did have a shaky game against SD, I don't think it's indicative of how they really are - in fact, I think it will serve to fuel them for the Indy game.

The Saints will dispatch the Bears and their going to the superbowl will be the sports story of the year.

Oh my!!!!

we are polar opposites on these games.

I just like the way Indy is playing right now.

Manning has much to prove.

NO or Chicago????

NO should probably be favoured here but I'm sticking with Chicago.

Maybe it will be a cold snowy day......

Good point on the weather. We've had it nice all winter (tomorrow will be the first single-digit day), but I've noticed the rest of the country have had it very cold. I saw where you've had it ridiculously cold, but that's what you get for living there

I have a friend from Ottawa who went to school in Thunder Bay and she said they basically never went out during the winter - the school had underground hallways connecting the different buildings. Smart!

Anyway, I'm glad we're disagreeing on the games. If I win, I'm going to trash-talk and do a dance on your front yard. Then you can go on tv wearing your gramma's earrings and tell the world how "classless" I am.

(assuming you've seen Tomlinson's crybaby press conferences)

Well, you are definitely welcome to dance in my front yard.... just keep in mind it's -41 degrees this morning

In winnipeg you can walk from one end of downtown to the other entirely indoors. There are a ton of overhead walkways between buildings.

The universities also use walkways and underground passages.

Thankfully, it's only for a few months each year!

btw, I HAVE a pair of my late Grandma's earrings... they should look great on TV

(the Tomlinson interview was pretty funny)

Surpising Final Four? I haven't followed the NFL much this season. In fact, I didn't even know who made the playoffs. I saw the final 4 teams and there were a couple of surprising names. The Saints made it? When did they become good? What about Chicago? I heard they were having a good year, but weren't they at the bottom of the league just a few years ago? Aside from #54, I can't name a single player on their team. Are they still known for their defense?

Any picks to win it all?

Maybe it's the Colts' year.

I think the Patriots will do it again...sure they aren't the team they were but they have the leadership. The Colts may do it but I'm thinking Manning is another Marino and he may never win one...which after he retires will make him the best athlete in the history of any given sport to not win the big one.

Manning has so much to prove and the Colt defence is playing VERY well.

I think the Patriots will have their hands full.

Chicago is driving me crazy though! Where is that dominating defence they are known for?

The Saints are no doubt the sentimental favourite in the playoffs...good thing for the Bears that the game is in the windy city.

JW - I was planning my dance for you in the 2nd qtr of the Pats game. Then the Pats ran out of gas. I don't know if I've ever seen a team lose energy so clearly and quickly. I guess the long season, tough San Diego game, travel back and forth across the country this week, all took its toll. This weekend was a perfect example of why its nice to be home for the playoffs.