LOST TV series (includes spoilers)

JW

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we're on season 5 now. I prefer the early seasons by far, don't know what direction the show is taking anymore.

I don't think really any information has been given about Jacob, barely anything at all, just a bunch of theories on another forum I use, but they're all BS.

I enjoyed the earlier seasons more too, However I think as things really unravel we will see how brilliant the later stuff is too. At least I am hoping. It is also easier to watch it on DVD because then you can see it more as a series. The way they jump around each week and don't connect the story together as quickly can be a bit more of a challenge to remember what is happening. At least for me anyway. As far as Jacob I am just wondering how he is going to fit into the whole time travel thing. What doesn't Richard ever age? How come "the others" can leave and return to the island as desired but the oceanic six had to return on a plane and recreate similar conditions to the previous crash. I ask too many questions I should just watch the show. yeah I'm addicted.

I enjoyed the earlier seasons more too, However I think as things really unravel we will see how brilliant the later stuff is too. At least I am hoping. It is also easier to watch it on DVD because then you can see it more as a series. The way they jump around each week and don't connect the story together as quickly can be a bit more of a challenge to remember what is happening. At least for me anyway. As far as Jacob I am just wondering how he is going to fit into the whole time travel thing. What doesn't Richard ever age? How come "the others" can leave and return to the island as desired but the oceanic six had to return on a plane and recreate similar conditions to the previous crash. I ask too many questions I should just watch the show. yeah I'm addicted.

I gave up on all that questioning because it made my brain hurt!!

I used to actually keep a spreadsheet to chart the various connections between characters!

I figure things are going to get very intersting soon. They are going to have to start unravelling the mysteries sooner than later.

The smoke monster thing is pretty cool. They still haven't really explained it though... that's wahat drives me crazy... they answer one thing but that creates even more questions aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

you almost have to think that he was resurrected in the plane crash the way Locke was.

Although... he seems almost supernatural in a way seems to appear from nowhere and disappear just as fast.

or... is he a manifestation of the smoke creature? Like what happened with Ben's daughter appearing or the countless other apparitions...

oh no...... my brain is hurting again!!!

I think Christian is a manifestation of the smoke monster.

I think the smoke monster symbolically represents the shadow that is inside all of us. I don't know what it would be physically though.

PS. I LOVE that clicking noise that it makes when it's moving, it sounds so mechanical, it's great!

I think the smoke monster symbolically represents the shadow that is inside all of us. I don't know what it would be physically though.

PS. I LOVE that clicking noise that it makes when it's moving, it sounds so mechanical, it's great!

I agree. I don't actually think the dead are resurrected except for locke as he is clearly special. Because Walt & Claire as well as Alex and Christian have all been manifestations. Some of them are dead and some are not.

I actually saw a documentary on how they make the soundtracks for lost and it was pretty interesting. They do actually use metal objects such as the parts of the broken plane to make the music.

my brain still hurts

leads you to wonder who else could be a manifestation...???

curious that the manifestation can also appear off the island

Charlie and Christian

very very intriguing........

Excellent point. Heres some more... whatever happened to that couple that was burried alive on the beach? are we ever going to see them again? Is michael dead? how come we never see ecko anymore? we;ve seen libby anna lucia and others that dead as manifestations but no mr. ecko.

Mr. Ecko is an interesting case because he was once "judged" by the smoke monster and he presumably passed judgement. Then he was later ultimately judged unworthy and disposed of?

Maybe that is the key... who is judged worthy is resurrected.....

Of course the fact that the actor left the show might have something to do with it too

many issues to solve.....

I'm not quite sure how Ben passed judgement...

If only we knew the criteria....

could it be one's belief in the island? Ben may have erred in judgement but his intentions were solely to protect the island?

This is all so mindboggling!!!! I still don't know if Ben is good or evil.... or if what's his name (Penny's dad) is good or evil.....

anyway.... looking forward to tonights episode

Could be the regret angle... but then we have to analyze do all of the characters regret what they have done Kate for killing her mother's boyfriend? Jack with his relationship with his father? Sawyer for all of his cons? We know sayid regretted his torturing. I have a concert to go to tonight but I hope to watch the episode when I get home.

Got home too late and was too sick to stay up and watch last night. Tonight isn't looking good either so I probably won't get to it until Friday. WAH! sorry to let you down, I can't wait to watch and talk about it. Although you guys don't seem too excited about the episode. I thought perhaps smokey did judge jack and kate because when they were running through the jungle in the earlier seasons it never snatched them up. I'll post when I watch. thanks so much for not revealing anything yet!

Smoke monster never caught up with Jack and Kate. When it caught Ecko, it stopped and read his thoughts, we see his supposed "crimes" flash up inside smokey. This didn't happen with Jack and Kate. I think the only characters it has happened with are Ecko, Ben, John and Juliet. Though we can't be 100% sure about John and Juliet, it seems like smokey got up pretty close while they had no escape, then left them alone (happened in season 1 for John, while he is out boar hunting and gets split up from Kate. Happens with Juliet in season 3, when she handcuffs herself to Kate, then smoke monster chases them, and we see lots of flashes on Juliet's face)

and Locke was almost dragged into the pit by smokey if I recall......

but wasn't that when his belief was waning?

too strange.... remember when Locke suddenly lost use of his legs?

punishment for losing his faith?

I really hope they give us more on smokey

not to mention Richard and Ben and Widmore and the statue and the Dharma iniative and the others and claire and Christian .........................................

Hurry up and watch MS we want to talk !!!!!!

Yeah, John was sucked into that hole, but we didn't see any judgment going on there with the flashes that Ecko and Ben got. I think the sucking into the hole was to transform him, like the Frenchies got transformed when they got sucked underground by Smokey in this season, came out all weird and brainwashed.