LOST TV series (includes spoilers)

JW

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am a big fan of the series, I've watched it all up to episode 6 of season 3. Now there is a wait until February apparently

I really hope the writers know where they are going. If they don't have a set direction, or if they are adding too much as they go along, it will be pretty shitty in season 4 and 5 because you'll look back at the early seasons and see obvious errors and think 'well if that's what it's about it doesn't make sense'. So I really hope they know what they're doing!! If so, the series will kick ass. So far it has been excellent.

I've bee lucky I suppose watching the boxed sets for season one and two.

waiting a full week (or more) for the next episode must be TORTURE!!!

The one frustrating thing I find (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) is that for every question they answer, another 3 questions arise.

I'll be watching the 6 season 3 episodes this week

I really hope the writers know where they are going. If they don't have a set direction, or if they are adding too much as they go along, it will be pretty shitty in season 4 and 5 because you'll look back at the early seasons and see obvious errors and think 'well if that's what it's about it doesn't make sense'. So I really hope they know what they're doing!! If so, the series will kick ass. So far it has been excellent.

I would hope that they are working off a 'Bible" (most serialized shows have them: it's a general overview of the show that indicates big story lines and what the 'rules' are for the story), but I've read a few articles about the show that indicate that they make up a lot as they go on, such as adding characters and getting rid of them, and changing characters to make them fit certain actors.

"Lost" would work best, I think, as a limited series: one that finishes its story in 5 years, so you know that everything will be answered at the end. It doesn't seem like it can (or should!) go on for 6, 8, 10 years, or they're going to have to make up a lot of stuff, or introduce new mysteries. And if it gets cancelled without much warning, what do they do with all the unanswered mysteries?

I heard that they do have a set plan, an overview, for 5 series / 5 years. Hopefully the series will end at that point. But I am still concerned that they add in too much and the side stories won't add up. But I am not sure about that, it's such a high quality production that I still have faith in it, it has the potential to go 5 series and maintain awesomeness.

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many wacky theories out there re: this show.

One I heard which deals with the statue is that the island is part of the lost city of Atlantis.

Seems to me that the common theme is an interconnectedness between characters.

In fact, on the season 2 DVD special features, specific mention is made to a theory similar to the 6 degrees of separation. The premise is that in this big old world of ours, everyone can be connected through chance meetings. In the show we can already see several instances but I think many more connections will be revealed.

• 4 months later...

Ya still watching this ya bastards? I am still hooked into it, but I am hoping that the writers know what direction their going in. Some of the episodes in this series have really made me think 'duh what was the point of that?'. But I'd say 80% of the stuff has been excellent still. I haven't seen this week's yet.

Ya still watching this ya bastards? I am still hooked into it, but I am hoping that the writers know what direction their going in. Some of the episodes in this series have really made me think 'duh what was the point of that?'. But I'd say 80% of the stuff has been excellent still. I haven't seen this week's yet.

I never miss it.

I love the show, but my interest is waning. With the first half of the season, I thought the "Others" stuff was really interesting, but am I the only one who is getting tired of the "Ben knows everything and is capable of masterminding elaborate manipulations for no perceptible reason" storyline?

I'll keep watching, but the last 2 months have been kind of disappointing.

I'll be interested to see a Ben flashback to maybe explain what the hell is up with him. Yeah I just hope it gets explained. If we find out how / why he is able to know so much, then it'll be alright. If we never learn that... shame I guess.

I'll be interested to see a Ben flashback to maybe explain what the hell is up with him. Yeah I just hope it gets explained. If we find out how / why he is able to know so much, then it'll be alright. If we never learn that... shame I guess.

I think that we will find out , they give us back story on even the least important characters. remember the two who were buried alive, what were they in like 3 episodes of importance?

I cant wait to find out about Ben.

It is true that the series has stumbled a bit these last episodes, but look at the statement made by the chick in the parachute. Just when you think that things are slowing down, I new angle arrives.

It is true that the series has stumbled a bit these last episodes, but look at the statement made by the chick in the parachute. Just when you think that things are slowing down, I new angle arrives.

That's a good point. Just as I was shaking my head at the lack of developments, that was kind of a cool bombshell.

Rumour has it that there will be a Ben flashback show in a couple weeks!

I can't believe that "Eyepatch Man" is still alive!

Another twist to make us crazy

What does Ben hold over Juliette?

She hates him, yet she continues to do his dirty work.

hmmmm..............

I post on thefuselage.com in their forum. It's pretty crap because of how dumb 95% of the people are, and they don't read each other's posts, so it's kind of pointless. Anyway... lots of people on there think that Ben Linus is a major league hottie. Anyone agree with that? I thought he was meant to look like a freakshow

I hope that this week they get back to John

Ben is awfully creepy looking.

There will be John Locke footage this week!

(but I won't discuss the topic as it should be a surprise)

Who do you think will be the next to die?

Ben has to be up there as a favourite but he provides just way too many story angles.

I could almost see Juliette going next, sacrificing herself to save someone and seeking redemption.

hmmmmm

i dont know i'm so bad a predicting these shows haha and even catching details. Like juliet said shes getting a sample from Austen, so this means kate is pregnant? my friend pointed that out to me.

Anyways....Sawyer is looking hotter and hotter....and being nice....maybe they'll kill him. i think someone in the jack sawyer love triangle has to go.

and what about Dimitri (the eye patch man)

He is still alive!

Is the protective fence nothing but a sham?

Too many questions.............. too mannnnnyyyyyy!!!!

that was weird and then he said something about the island healing power when he took the stick out of the chicks lung...so his friend he shot, is she alive too? and still why did he shoot her.

i know too many questions! it drives me crazy. If i end up getting no answers like the with x-files im gonna be pissed.