LOST TV series (includes spoilers)

JW

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just a little disappointed with last night's show.

Added a few more questions while again answering very little.

I'm guessing it was a development show for the big finale.

The underwater lookout base is a pretty cool development though.

Yeah I was pissed off a bit, because I thought it had been said before that Charlie couldn't swim, or "didn't" swim... also why has Sayid changed his mind about Jack so quickly? Only a couple of episodes ago he was moaning, and now he is like "you're the leader jack". I don't get it. I don't know what they will do in the finale, because it doesn't seem like it's been leading anywhere, except for what Ben has been saying, but that doesn't seem such a big deal now that we know more about the Others.

I'm still not sure if I like the direction the show is going.

That finale could lead the show in some bizarre directions but I'm hoping that it is just another point in the life of the main characters and the gaps will be filled in.

• 2 months later...

LOST is a DRUG (a hard one)!!!! i wathced the first 2 seasons in 5 days and would take a break only for toilet and some (3-4 hour) sleep. Actually i swiched off my mobile and LOST contact with the outside world! When i had to wait for season's 3 episodes every week, i can tell it was excruciating!

About the finale i was so sorry about Charlie and the way Jack ended (a lowlife) after some time of their rescue... By the way, who do you think is the dead guy in the coffin? Might be Lock or more probably Ben...

I'm really looking forward for the next season...

I also like how the last episode is the first "flash forward".

I'm going out on a limb and saying it's Jack's father in the obituary and coffin in the future flash. Earlier in the episode he says "call my father" implying he's alive, plus the person who dies has to be someone who lives near Jack (LA). Few of the other characters fit this bill. And the moment Jack reads in the newspaper on the place that this person in questions dies, he got emotional, but I can't imagine him getting emotional about anyone from the island group, except maybe Kate, who's alive in the future. Plus in the coffin on the island, Jack never found his father's body, plus, the island has strange regenerative powers so I wouldn't put it past the producers to bring someone back to life...

Also, I don't think anyone from the group on the island would *not* show up to the funeral because of the bond the group has forged, but if it was anyone I'd say Sawyer.

The real question is: who is Jacob? If you look at the still frames from that episode, you see his head for a second and his eyeball...my best guess would be Alvar Hanso (the guy who formed the Hanso Foundation which got a lot more play in the Lost Experience online), but I've heard people suggest it's John Locke which would prove interesting, but the eyes are the wrong color.

In any case, I need another shot of Lost as well. I agree with the drug comment.

Oh wow! Lock being Jacob is most interesting i'd say. and it kinda makes some sense though it's really weird. I've always thougth that Lock was something incomprehensively much more important than others (not "the others" )

About the dead in the coffin, i forgot that Jack got emotional. But he had showed the obituary to Kate before he went to the funeral and that's why i thought the dead would be someone that both Jack and Kate knew and had to do with the island...

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE this show!!!! And I can't believe the fourth season won't be on umtil February 2008. That sucks! I believe the creators of Lostknow what they're doing too, I mean if they completely botched up the ending, it would be the end of their careers as writers. I've watched Matthew Fox since Party of Five when he was known as Charley Sallinger. I think that Matthew Fox, and Evangeline Lily are both great actors. I have since the 2nd season given up on a theory as to what its all about,and just enjoy the twists and turns. The most scary part for me is that I feel badly for "Captain Bunny Killer", aka Ben. I think we may find the Others working with the survivors of the crash to get rid of Naomi's people who are going to be WORSE than the Others?

I'm not sure about that last comment. Watching the end of season 3, The Others are given some sympathy, but rewatching seasons 1 and 2 (which I'm doing now), there are plenty of awful things that they have done to the Oceanic 815 survivors that don't justify their actions. Anyway, maybe I'm overthinking it...heh

Also in the documentaries, they've said they know exactly what the whole series is about and they are playing a balancing game about letting info out slowly enough so that by the end of the show they tell everything that's going on. They've always said it's about the characters, but the backdrop is pretty enticing anyway.

I can't wait for the new Star Trek movie as JJ Abrams is producing and directing...

i am catching up---i have seen season 2 but not season three! and i cant buy it until december. how sickening is that!!!! grrrr!

What? !!! you will wait till December for season3??? well, it is remarkable that you can refrain from downloading season 3 online for free and watch it in 3-4 days!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...