Hi

suz

Hi everyone,

I'm not a body builder but i'm seriously into kickboxing and fitness and I've been vegan for just over 7 months now. I try to work out at least 4 times a week and I trail run when I have time. I've been working on transitioning to a raw diet and so far the results have been awesome.

It's nice to see such a cool fitness based vegan forum. You seem like a good group!

What kinds of thing are you eating on the raw diet?

I'm still learning what to eat...

But so far tons of fruit, like 6 servings a day. Salad with nuts, hemp seed, and raisins in 'it. Hummus is a staple. Also, I've just started making different tapenades including a broccoli and pine nut blend, an olive and nut blend, and a sun-dried tomato and garlic blend. I use the tapenades as dips for raw veggies. On non raw days the tapenades are awesome as vegan pizza and burrito sauces. I also have vega shakes a few times a week.

I have to start doing research into what other raw foodists eat because right now I'm still at a bit of a loss.

Welcome suz!

Great to have you here. We have tons of people who are into raw foods and fitness in our group.

I've been to North Vancouver many times, including just a couple of months ago. Right now I'm in Seattle with Brendan Brazier who is from North Van.

Thanks for finding our forum and we look forward to reading more from you.

All the best and welcome aboard!

welcome suz! funny but I just ran across your website a couple days ago!

there are lots of great vegan athletes (cyclists, triathletes, etc) on the forum. So even if you are not the lifting type....there still lots of great info and discussion to join in on.

What kinds of thing are you eating on the raw diet?

I'm still learning what to eat...

But so far tons of fruit, like 6 servings a day. Salad with nuts, hemp seed, and raisins in 'it. Hummus is a staple. Also, I've just started making different tapenades including a broccoli and pine nut blend, an olive and nut blend, and a sun-dried tomato and garlic blend. I use the tapenades as dips for raw veggies. On non raw days the tapenades are awesome as vegan pizza and burrito sauces. I also have vega shakes a few times a week.

I have to start doing research into what other raw foodists eat because right now I'm still at a bit of a loss.

Wow, when I try to do raw, I generally just eat fruit or vegetables straight rather than prepare anything. That's quite a lot of interesting things I did used to soak brown rice to eat though, that was quite good.

it's always great to have anouther Cascadian join in!

ah, yes... the great land of Cascadia where we club baby seals to death by the hundreds of thousands!

I think you're thinking of lands further north suz... I'm not sure we even have hundreds of thousands of seals in Cascadia: http://www.sightline.org/images/photos/bioregion2004.jpg

You seem like a good group!

What do you mean by saying "seem"? We are awsome!

Yes, you guys are an AWESOME group.

Hi Barb, thanks for checking out my site. What have I noticed since going raw? Well... maybe more energy than usual. On the evening of my second ever raw day I did 70 pushups out of nowhere (30 was my previous limit). I don't know if it was the raw diet... but it was strange. To be honest, the biggest change is that I have this extreme craving for raw vegetables and fruit all the time. It's like my body got a taste of it and now that's all it wants.