Hummus everything

Jay

Ahh, if only I had known 20 years ago....

One can chickpeas

3 tablespoons lemon juice

Couple spoons of tahini

Blend it up with a little water

Can alternate an avocado for the tahini but it's not as good. Also can alternate cashews.

Add it to:

whole wheat spaghetti (with or without tomato sauce)

dipped in whole wheat bread

Amy's lentil soup or vegetable soup

corn chips or other chips

Any kind of vegetables (curried potatoes and cauliflower, green beans, peas, eggplant, broccoli, etc, etc)

Brown rice, collard greens fried with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (well no one else likes that one that has tried it)

Pita bread

Falafel

Taboli (sp)

Etc. everything. It makes just about everything taste better. French fries, whatever. It's better with hummus.

Also you can just throw extra stuff in the blender with the hummus. Like:

one can chickpeas, 6 tablespoons lemon juice, can of spinach (well drained) half a cucumber then cashews.

Can throw in eggplant (Baba ganoush) jalapenos, olives, etc, etc, etc.

All vegetables are a treat to look forward to if hummus is added to them. Also it's filling (from the fat in the tahini I guess) where just vegetables alone really aren't.

I see your hummus obsession continues. I can't blame you though, we eat it at least a couple of times per week. Tiffaney recently made some awesome roasted red pepper hummus. There are also a half dozen shops on our street selling about 50 different kinds of hummus last time I counted.

Thanks for the simple recipe, I'm going to put that to use this week. Also, I agree hummus is good on most everything, especially veggies. Yum!

I agree . . . HUMMUS IS GODLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got into making mexican style hummus a while ago . . . awesome.

1 can pinto beans drained

juice of 1 lime

couple gloves of garlic

tablespoon of olive oil

fresh hot peppers

black pepper

cumin

throw it into the old food processor and wirl like mad . . . great with everything.

:lol: I see your hummus obsession continues. I can't blame you though, we eat it at least a couple of times per week. Tiffaney recently made some awesome roasted red pepper hummus. There are also a half dozen shops on our street selling about 50 different kinds of hummus last time I counted.

Thanks for the simple recipe, I'm going to put that to use this week. Also, I agree hummus is good on most everything, especially veggies. Yum!

Yes, you've got that one really good kind up there. They had it here for a while but quit carrying it. I had a syrian friend at work who found the simple recipe too bland and I suppose if you are eating the hummus with just chips or something it might be good to spice it up but that simple bland version works just fine with vegetables, spaghetti, etc.

I agree . . . HUMMUS IS GODLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got into making mexican style hummus a while ago . . . awesome.

1 can pinto beans drained

juice of 1 lime

couple gloves of garlic

tablespoon of olive oil

fresh hot peppers

black pepper

cumin

throw it into the old food processor and wirl like mad . . . great with everything.

Cool. I was thinking about doing something like that. Pinto beans are my least favorite bean but I'll give something like that a try. One thing that holds me back is too many ingredients and I get too lazy to bother so I might simplify that a bit.