Caffeine

Ravi

I have started drinking a little bit of coffee on a near daily basis for the past few weeks. I have a 1 shot Americano OR 8 oz of drip in the morning. By Seattle standards, most pre-schoolers drink more coffee than that . I just really enjoy the taste and for me, a little goes a long way.

I also find that it really does help my weight lifting workouts. At least it gives me a little more motivation to move!

Who on the forum enjoys a nice shot-o-caffeine every now and then?

What is your drink of choice?

I start every day with a single-shot short Americano, made at home, with a little soy or rice milk in it. Sometimes I'll make a soy latte. I've cut down over the last 6 months. Used to have at least 2 double shot Americanos every day. Bad! I still go out for a coffee on weekends (not to Star-yucks!). It's tough to resist at work, because the camera truck has an espresso machine, craft service has coffee all day, and a coffee truck guy comes around everyday selling really good coffee drinks. It could easily get out of hand. I do avoid drip because it has more caffeine than espresso, and I only buy organic, fair-trade beans. My parents have a property in Costa Rica and they always bring beans back from a local grower near them.

What is it with the Pacific Northwest - we drink a lot of coffee! And just because I'm Canadian, doesn't mean I go to Tim Horton's! I don't step foot in those places! North Van and Van have so many great coffee places...

Look. You don't have coffee in the US. You have something black in a cup that looks like coffee but much like your beer it tastes nothing. Then you put ice cream, milk, sugar and I don't know what on it and in it.

When you come to Sweden you will have your first cup of coffee. And you will have your first beer.

Look. You don't have coffee in the US. You have something black in a cup that looks like coffee but much like your beer it tastes nothing. Then you put ice cream, milk, sugar and I don't know what on it and in it.

When you come to Sweden you will have your first cup of coffee. And you will have your first beer.

LOL, actually I drink mine black. The best coffee I ever had was sent to me by a friend from Puerto Rico. Sweden has beer? I didn't know. I love Irish, Scottish and German beers, had no idea there was strong beers made there!

actually....seattle has some amazing micro-brews and a couple nationally known beers. ever try "Red Hook"? mmmmm,mmmmm, good!

actually....seattle has some amazing micro-brews and a couple nationally known beers. ever try "Red Hook"? mmmmm,mmmmm, good!

Nope, I haven't. I don't really drink beer or anything, I'm kind of boring. :-/

Hey, what's with your american bashing? That's my job!

Many Americans do enjoy boring tasteless coffee and beer. But, things are changing. There are half a dozen independent coffee shops and a coffee roaster just on my street. We have several micro-breweries in the city, and a local shop sells 900 different beers! They also have vegan hotdogs and french fries to go with them.

LOL, actually I drink mine black. The best coffee I ever had was sent to me by a friend from Puerto Rico. Sweden has beer? I didn't know. I love Irish, Scottish and German beers, had no idea there was strong beers made there!

Sweden is next to Finland the biggest consumers of coffee per capita in the world. Here is an article about Swedes and their coffee.

The reason why didn't hear about it is because we just roast it, brew it and drink it. Nothing fancy and therefore you can't really make it expensive and put fancy names on it. It's just good coffee.

But if we send knowledge along with a batch of our awesome coffee I'm positive you'd find a way to destroy it, give it a fancy name like "Decaf triple vanilla choko-latte shmoosh" and charge $19 for a cup.

No, I'm not done yet. Wtf is up with decaf?? Huh?? You can drink coke and eat chocolate (which has caffeine in it) 'til you explode but coffee? Nooooo, that's gonna kill me, better stay away from that

Think I'm done?? Think again!

When are you people going to change to the metric system? I'm trying to find good reciepes but they all have cups in them. Wtf? I have like 15 cups and you know what? THEY'RE ALL IN DIFFERENT SIZES!! So I try to find a conversion table and it tells me shit like 1 cup = 3.1287654 feet and 1 foot = 0.342789 camels. No wonder you start wars all the time, the system is f-ed up, confusing and frustrating. Here's liberation for you: 1 liter = 10 deciliter = 100 centiliter = 1000 milliliter. AAAAAHHHHH!!!

And nutritional values based on serving sizes? GAAAHHH? How do they know how much I will eat? In Sweden (and I think the rest of Europe) everything is measured by 100 grams of the product so you can actually compare different items. If Frito Lays want to look good all they have to do is to change the serving size to zero boats or whatever you measure chips in and it will look as healthy as water.

Canada has some good beer and I do actually drink a Budweiser once a year or so (had a few of them when I was in the US). You do have better beer than the Iranians though, I'll give you that. However, since alcohol is forbidden there it's not too hard to accomplish.

Also Sweden doesn't have alot of good beers but Denmark does and it's close enough...

Edited by offense74

I love caffeine(in coffee form) but it kills me when I train...it doesn't do anything bad to me if I'm just drinking it but if I go out for a workout the same day or after I just feel like crap...scratch that...caffeine from coffee does this but not from tea or Yerba Mate...the weird thing is that I can drink tons of Yerba Mate and tea which when you add it up its well over 3-4 cups of coffee and nothing happens too me. It stinks because I really love coffee...Daywalker witnessed my only 2 cups of coffee in a over a year...it was good but I sure felt lousy on my bike.

Budweiser is really good for passing drug tests if your an athlete...just go a bathroom with a beer planted in the stall and pour it into your cup...so really Bud does have a purpose

I actually read a thing that was criticizing the German beer industry (by Jared Diamond I think in Guns, Germs and Steel, very popular book in the US) as being inefficient compared to the American system. Apparently the German industry has all kinds of pesky government rules and regulations that stop the German beer industry from increasing it's efficiency to that of the US. What a shame. Of course US beer takes like piss compared to German beer not that that was important enough to mention.

I drink really crappy coffee straight black probably about 3 cups a day. Maybe it helps a workout a little but it's much more helpful for getting up to work at 4:30am.

I think german inefficiency is what makes the beer so good...just like hand made furniture or hand kneeded dough

People wonder they can't get good imported German beer in the US. It's because the German government won't let them skimp on the quality in order to greatly increase the quality according to Diamond... who seems to think that's a bad thing.

From what I have heard, German beer is best consumed if you actually go to the country and drink the microbrewed beer around the towns, especially in the Bavaria area. I stopped drinking beer due to health issues (I am a weenie and alcohol kicks my ass nowadays) and alcohol dependency issues within both sides of my family. I absolutely love the taste, though. Hefeweizens, stouts and porters are so good. I, unlike most Americans, drink my coffee black, the darker the roast, the better. I opt for decaf mostly, but it is hard to find a good roast in it when you live in BFE Illinois. Every now and then, though, I do enjoy a sweetened chocolate, hazelnut or vanilla brew.