What have you been eating?

Odidnetne

In the past couple of years I've normally bought in season fruits (normally for cost purposes), but this is the first year that I haven't touched summer fruit because of a lack of craving. Since it's gotten a bit cooler (though it's still 62 degrees on November 30th at 9:40 pm).

In the spring and summer, no day was complete unless I had slammed down 5 - 8 kiwis. Cantaloupe was a common breakfast and I'd have 2 fruit smoothies with tons of berries everyday.

Now that it's cooled off, I find that I'm eating a lot of oatmeal, apples, and nuts (vegetables too, but I find this has become a bit of a staple of my diet), and I find it interesting that my body is going into a "Find fats for winter famine/hibernation" mode.

So what is everyone else eating that may be different from their spring/summer?

I guess because of what's been happening at home, I've been eating a bit more junk that normal, some biscuits and stuff, bwah... But also, after watching the video that Raven posted, I tried eating some steamed kale, which I got on okay with, which is super, considering how healthy it's meant to be. Also I remembered I have 2 tubs of yeast flakes so I've been having that with stuff, yum.

I guess because of what's been happening at home, I've been eating a bit more junk that normal, some biscuits and stuff, bwah... But also, after watching the video that Raven posted, I tried eating some steamed kale, which I got on okay with, which is super, considering how healthy it's meant to be. Also I remembered I have 2 tubs of yeast flakes so I've been having that with stuff, yum.

Damn, I love kale. I'm going to have to get some this weekend, this is the perfect time of year. Kale's flavor really peaks after a light frost.

Lately it's been oats, beans, some nuts, lots of peanut butter, and pastas. I'm eating alot of fruit as well. I'm trying to eat more veggies, but I like fruit more.

I ate 60 grams of protein worth of chickpeas today.

Sounds like we're eating the exact same thing...minus all those chickpeas.

chutneys and salsas and potatoes and squash and sweet potatoes and rice and homemade whole wheat bread (fresh from my awesome new pizza stone -yay Michael!) and red pears and apples and banana bread and homemade veggie pot pie and upma and green beans and whole wheat pasta and cauliflower/red lentil soup and ...

woo today I've been pretty healthy, comparatively. I had:

A bowl of steamed kale with TVP and some tomato puree and soy sauce

A bowl of steamed brocolli

a thin slice of ginger cake

a piece of vegan cheese

a handful of dates

a spinach sandwich

I ate all the kale and brocolli, I am going to buy loads tomorrow, you can't stop me

I've been eating like Brendan Brazier. Lots of greens, salads, raw foods, tons of fruits, dates, Vega, lots of bananas, and some non-raw stuff like tofu curry with rice.

Lately I've been a lot more like Rawbert hanging around Brendan and Tonya.

I still like my burritos and last week I ate an entire package of pasta (8 servings or more) in 5 hours.

I need to do a cleanse soon

i just ate another big bowl, with lots of kale, some brocolli and some TVP. KALE.

Just look at this table for how many tables these foods could powerbomb you through: Cola can't even get you through one table! RUBBISH

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/Chrysander/nutrient_density.jpg

I've been eating a lot of cereal lately...I don't know why and I wasn't doing it for months and months but I don't mind...I don't feel much different and my training intensity hasn't really gone up much but I'll switch back when it does.

i ate so much kale today it was insane. It's great. My diet has really picked up since listening to Dr Fuhrman.

Kale is awesome. I added it to some soup last week, along with some carrots, beans, lentils and other nutritious stuff. YUM!

Years ago, when I worked at a Wendy's, we used kale to decorate the salad bar. It went on top of the ice and between the crocks of food. I thought it was much prettier than anything else on the salad bar, and I'd nibble on it sometimes. I asked someone why we didn't serve it too, and they told me "No, you don't eat kale. It's just for decoration." How absurd is that? Serve the iceberg lettuce, grated cheese, and cold pasta, then use the kale as decoration? Ha! Glad I know better now.